Buying tires online - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Costco in Calgary told me they don't carry ST tires.
I was at ta Costco in Oregon that carried them.
Costco's are all different in regards to what they carry - not uncommon to walk into one Costco and see an item that isn't carried at one 200 miles away - especially true with Costco US vs Canadian.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #22

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
I don't know, Roy. The trailer came with these pretty snazzy alloys.
PM sent,
The link at the bottom will expire in a while, but for those looking in Southern Ontario. Search www.toronto.kijiji.ca for Clentec. His operation is out of the London area but he uses a storage facility in Toronto to hold some of his stock, delivery is usually included. (If you fit into one of his delivery runs)
$199 + tax for 205/75R14 Goodyear Marathons on Al rims.
I've bought from him before. Just noticed he now even gets torflex axles.
He runs off a cell phone, best to leave a message. He returns the calls.

NEW - ST 205/75 R14 - GOOD YEAR RADIAL / ALUMINUM RIMS - CLENTEC - Mississauga / Peel Region Parts, Accessories For Sale - Kijiji Mississauga / Peel Region Canada.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:42 AM   #23
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Just to follow up... The choice came down to 3 companies: Discount Tire, Tread Depot, and Amazon. While Tread Depot was the lowest, I bought from Amazon. The tires arrived yesterday. ST175/80/R13. $77 each delivered. Made in China the third week of August 2013. I'll have them mounted when the trailer appears out from under the snow . Thanks all. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:08 AM   #24

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Quote:

Actually, I prefer steel wheels as the alloys seem to develop slow leaks over time. I'm after Carlisle Radials. Nobody seems to offer them mounted. The only mounted tires I have found were brands I was not familiar with. But I'm still looking.

trailer-wheels.com (Shadow Trailer) sells Carlisle, mounted on the wheels of your choice if you like, balanced if you so choose. The last time I bought Carlisle Radial Tracks from them they had been manufactured approximately 10 weeks earlier. Free shipping.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #25

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Eastern Marine sells wheels and tires mounted H188 & LOADSTAR 14, 15, 16 in. Tire/Rim at Trailer Parts Superstore
Old 03-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #26

Trailer: Tote N Tarry
My dad's old trailer had been sitting in the carport for over 15 years, so I knew I had to replace the tires before attempting to get it back on the road. The old tires were A 78-13, but I found it cheaper to just buy a new tire/rim online and have it shipped for free right to my door. For some reason the new combo is a bit higher than the old one, but it keeps the trailer from looking so down trodden. Now it looks 20 years younger and seems to stand up straighter! The only downside is that the company does not wrap their wheels in any protective coating, so one of the rims arrived with some scuff marks. I contacted the company when I ordered my second tire, and asked them to at least cover the rim with some packing tape to protect the paint finish. I never heard back from them, so I'll see how it looks when it arrives this Friday. 13" Bias Trailer Tire & Wheel Assembly Premounted - Ships Free - HitchAnything.com
Filbert V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:05 AM   #27
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:

Attachment 68090

Actually, I prefer steel wheels as the alloys seem to develop slow leaks over time. I'm after Carlisle Radials. Nobody seems to offer them mounted. The only mounted tires I have found were brands I was not familiar with. But I'm still looking.
Looking good for sure!!! Wish I had a set of those rims for our Airstream.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #28

Name: ginette & ron
Trailer: 2008 25RB 21 Bigfoot
Ontario
I bought from discount tire.com
Happy with price and service i received.
When I had a problem they replaced 2 blown out tires without questions and only a phone call.

Tags
tires