Dodge Nitro wiring brake controller - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2008, 05:51 AM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
For anyone who has a Dodge Nitro (2007) with factory tow package (7 pin connector). If you are trying to wire in a break controller (Prodigy), I have some info you should find usefull. Black wire on the controller goes to the + battery post (needs an automatic reset breaker mounted in the engine compartment in between). White wire on brake controller goes to the - battery post. Blue wire on the brake controller connects to a loose Red wire under the dash. Red wire on the brake controller ties into the WHITE WIRE WITH GREEN TRACER going to the brake pedal switch. Not much info on the Nitro, so I believe this will make the job much easier.

Art
artspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Thats good to know, I ordered our 0six Dakota R/T with trailer tow package on it.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
Quote:
Thats good to know, I ordered our 0six Dakota R/T with trailer tow package on it.
Even though it is a dodge the wiring is probably different. This wire combo is just for the Nitro.

Art
artspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #4

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
OUTSTANDING !!!!...six years later !!!

well geez....I have a 07 Nitro... got a trailer a year ago....don't desperately need a brake controller (still under 3000 tow but getting close) but it would be nice.....came across a controller and finding information as to how to or even have somebody do the install has been a real challenge....RV techs not really into it...Dodge dealer not much help either with info or parts

thanks a whole bunch for posting that, F

Franswa's Trailer :: "The Breeze"
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote