You've come to the right place with a very good question. Generally, it is of great help if you can share a few specifics with us:
1. What is the year,make, model of your tow vehicle? Transmission?
2. Factory tow rating (tow limit in owners manual).
3. Factory tow package (transmission cooler, larger radiator, size hitch, ect.)
4. Actual trailer weight (loaded) *
5. Actual hitch weight.*
* weights are very important to help decide on what changes ($) need to be made. Best to visit a scale.
6. Trailer tires
7. Are trailer tires
inflated to factory specs? (lbs?)
8. Are there any cracks/breaks in the tongue or frame?
9. How many PBJ sandwiches do you have in the forward galley???