Fold down Jack Stand - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #21

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I've considered welding some metal onto a caster wheel so it will slide over the footplate then use a drop in pin to keep it from coming off.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #22

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
I just installed this, The Ultimate Jack.

It will take either the flat foot or the dolly wheel. I'm going to carry both.

We have been in several situations where the swivel jack had to pivoted up onto the dolly and off of the trailer ball. That's not too hard with the Little Joe, but getting it back on the ball to travel can be a trick.

After pulling the clevis on the locking pin, you rotate the pin and the jack drops down. Reset the pin and pull it up and it locks back in position. You only have to jack down until it, or the foot/dolly make contact, then level.

After hooking up the trailer to the TV, pull rotate the locking pin and lift the column up as far as you need, then relock. In rough terrain, you can drop the foot/dolly off and bring the column all the way up if you want.

As substantial as it is, 3000 lb lift, 2000 lb static, I was concerned it might add too much weight to the tongue, but it is actually somewhat lighter than the Fulton swivel jack it replaced.

Here is the website if you are interested.

Ultimate Trailer Jack Website

The demo video is a bit cheesey, but the quality of the jack construction is great. If you look close at the part where the husband is still jacking and not getting it off the ball, you will notice he didn't unhitch. The truck is going up too.

By the way, you may want to check a local trailer supplier to see if they have put them in. I got mine from Trailers of Louisiana, owned by a friend of mine. It was a new addition to his offering.

Clif
Attached Thumbnails
Ultimate Trailer Jack.jpg  
The Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #23

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Looks like a winner of an idea for those that have to have maximum clearance when under way. They are selling on eBay for about $50, looks like a good buy.
Here's a link:
The Ultimate Trailer Jack Trailer Jack | eBay

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #24

Louisiana
Registry
Clearance on the Little Joe is 11 inches level. Are you guys running with less than that? The Unit can be run up to zero clearance if need be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Old 06-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #25

Louisiana
Registry
Sorry Bob. Misread your previous post as, "have maximum clearance", rather than, "have to have". Old eyes, smart phone.............out smarted.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #26

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minimalist View Post
It will take either the flat foot or the dolly wheel.
I didn't see either described on the web site, nor could I get the operating instructions to open.

Does anybody have links that work?

Is it available in side crank? On second thought that might create problems if you had to drop it low. But it might solve the problem for people that wanted to drop their tailgate and did not have enough room. Just drop the jack.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #27

Louisiana
Registry
Per the site,

Pre-drilled for optional foot pad or
wheel

Yeah, I just tried the instruction link and it didn't work. If it's not working soon, I could scan and post the instructions.

In any case the video pretty well covers operation. Installation is straight forward bolt on or welded A-Frame mount.

I'm towing with a Subaru Outback, but I could hook it up to my 07 Chevy Silverado and check for tail gate clearance.