Frontier vs Tacoma for Escape 5.0? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #29

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Floyd, let me extend an open invitation for you to come visit Maggie and me next January. Should you make it up the long, steep, winding dirt road that leads to our home, I will gladly make you all the pancakes and real Vermont maple syrup you can eat. If you get stuck, I have a 4wd truck, a good sturdy chain, a 4 Ton come-a-long, a tractor, and a camera to record the memories. After we pull you out, we'll have pancakes anyway. Let me know , Raz
To reiterate...
"4WD has its place of course, but for on-road towing of a fiberglass trailer, the cost and liabilities outweigh the advantages by some margin. IMNSHO."

Thanks for the invite...
It would be a pleasure to meet with you and share a meal as well.
Real maple syrup is sure a lot better than the maple "flavored" stuff which claims to be a "Great Value"!

Unfortunately, we won't get to explore your hypothesis since we never go that far without taking Eggy-Sue, so...

Vermont is off our Itinerary every year from Thanksgiving to Easter (at least) and "one outstanding reason is that I would not take a fiberglass trailer anywhere 4WD was needed."

Old 09-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #30

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
To reiterate...
"4WD has its place of course, but for on-road towing of a fiberglass trailer, the cost and liabilities outweigh the advantages by some margin. IMNSHO."
Still cheaper for me to tow with a 4x4 than it is to own and operate and buy insurance on two separate vehicles - one for towing and the other for getting up and down in the winter the mountain I live on & into the Rookies in the middle of winter for skiing

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:30 AM   #31
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Unfortunately, we won't get to explore your hypothesis since we never go that far without taking Eggy-Sue, so...

Vermont is off our Itinerary every year from Thanksgiving to Easter (at least) and "one outstanding reason is that I would not take a fiberglass trailer anywhere 4WD was needed."
Just as well. My come along is only 2 Ton, not 4

Tags
escape