Here is the SitRep:
• in August bought a '93 13' Scamp
. Been fixing it up, including rewiring the entire trailer with a round 7 pin(flat pin) umbilical. I am VERY please with how this went.
• I am presently using only 4 of those 7 with long term plans of putting an axle
on the scamp
with Electric drum breaks.
• Short term plans include using the charge wire to charge the battery
on the tongue of the Scamp
as we travel.
• We have a 2011 Honda Odyssey with a tow package, but that only includes a flat four connector. Honda doesn't offer a round 7pin option for the Odyssey (Boo!).
• I have the following round adapter coming for car side (LINKED HERE
). It will allow me to A) use the trailer round-7, and
allow me to connect to a 12V batter supply from the vehicle side.
HERE IS MY QUESTION: Where should I get my 12 V supply from the car/van side?
• an obvious solution is right from the batter, but this would require proper wire, fuse, diode, and properly running the wire to the back of the vehicle.
• Since this Odyssey is wired so well, COULD I GET THE PROPER SUPPLY FROM THE BACK OF THE VAN AND THE WIRES AND FUSE PANEL THAT ARE THERE?
• I know that I am trying to get a 12V supply to the trailer to charge the battery
, but how many amps does that supply need to be?
• you will see in the pictures below that there is a 12V "light" plug in in the back of the van. Can I just piggy back on that - assuming that I would never use it for double purpose when in use by the trailer?