Hensley Arrow Cub WDH - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
http://www.hensleymfg.com/arrowcub.html

The good news is that Hensley is now making their super hitch in a small (2-6K TT) size. This is the WDH hitch that effectively imitates a 5W hitch, shortening the TV overhang using leverage built into the hitch. Sway effect on the tow vehicle is reduced to almost nothing.

The bad news is the price -- About $2K!!
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
http://www.hensleymfg.com/arrowcub.html

The good news is that Hensley is now making their super hitch in a small (2-6K TT) size. This is the WDH hitch that effectively imitates a 5W hitch, shortening the TV overhang using leverage built into the hitch. Sway effect on the tow vehicle is reduced to almost nothing.

The bad news is the price -- About $2K!!
They say its so good it will be the last hitch you ever own. I can't afford to buy it, so i will never know.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
They say its so good it will be the last hitch you ever own. I can't afford to buy it, so i will never know.
Yeah, same here. Unless I get government bailout money, anyway. But for most of our eggs, we can do pretty well without a fancy hitch. I have a 10K lb Equal-i-zer that I used with my previous stick trailer, but I have no plans to use it with the Burro. I weighed the tongue, it's about 300 lbs... not too much for my vehicle but plenty enough to keep the trailer stable (not swaying). The $400 Equal-i-zer may be the last hitch I'll ever own.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:55 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
It is a great hitch in design and execution. I believe it should not be needed with our small trailers. The best application is a long heavy trailer that may be easily overloaded in the front or rear. The design changes the fulcrum point of the connection and gives the TV the advantage in leverage. IMHO any of the WDH with integrated sway control are an excellent way to tow our trailers. I am not a fan of the little sway control slider gizmo. It is a failure looking for the worst/best time to happen. I chose the 6K Equal-i-zer brand tow hitch and it performs flawlessly with my occasionally loaded nose heavy extended tongue. The cost/benefit anaylsis of $400.00 vs $2,000.00 to upgrade from a great hitch that satisfies all reasonable uses, to the greatest hitch just doesn't add up for me. Installation cost not even considered.

Curt
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote