Hunter Compact??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #1

Name: Debby
Trailer: Hunter Compact, Jr
North Carolina
Hunter Compact???

Hello, New and learning...where do we place the jack on camper if we have a flat??? getting ready for first trip...and somewhat confused...thanks
debbymacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Best place is directly under the axle but, because the Hunter has a drop axle, it might be necessary to drag the flat up onto a leveling block/ramp to get it high enough. Lacking that, use the frame, right behind the rear spring mount and leave the trailer attached to the tow rig.

I carry a can or "Spare tire" stuff that will take care of most small punctures, at least until you can get to a repair shop.

I also carry an RV endorsed AAA card so I don't really have to worry about where to lift the trailer.

Before starting out:
Be sure that your tires are less than 6 years old, check the dates on the sidewall. There seem to be more problems with tires that fail from age than from punctures (I think)
Be sure that they are inflated to or near maximum PSI shown on the sidewall.

The current land speed record for a towed trailer is 140 mph, you don't need to try to beat that..... Drive 55....

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #3

Name: Debby
Trailer: Hunter Compact, Jr
North Carolina
Thank you...for all the information...
debbymacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote