Load helpers/ Air Bags/ Timbrens - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
On the Tacoma World Forum there is a lot of information about how to reduce bottoming out/ when towing. I test drove my Toy with the Scamp 5er on Friday it did not sag much at all and handled well on steep grades . But the leaf springs and shocks are new. I have Ordered some Timbren rubber shock helpers I want the great ride I have at present when empty. The Timbrens do not work until the rear Sags about an inch or so . They are rated at 2000lbs bolt on the rear shock stops, and are Warranted for life . These are a easy bolt on install .
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I have Roadmaster progressive suspension on my 2005 Tundra. It works very well no bottoming out, no body roll. It consists of a spring that hooks around the rear spring shackle to the center bolt on the truck spring. It can be adjusted for the load you may be hauling. My truck rides very good empty. I pull a bumper pull trailer and a 5th wheel trailer.

Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Quote:
I have Roadmaster progressive suspension on my 2005 Tundra. It works very well no bottoming out, no body roll. It consists of a spring that hooks around the rear spring shackle to the center bolt on the truck spring. It can be adjusted for the load you may be hauling. My truck rides very good empty. I pull a bumper pull trailer and a 5th wheel trailer.

Chuck
Timbrens go were the rubber suspension stop goes . You remove 2 bolts and bolt the Timbren on. I will have to check out the Roadmasters
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote