Mahindra diesel pickup - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #221

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
Wish Ram would bring back the Dakota and put a diesel in it. I like the size.
There are rumors of a new Dakota - at least a couple of years out - based on the Durango, which in turn shares a platform with the Grand Cherokee... which has a diesel available. Yes, that's a unibody platform with independent rear suspension; it would be Chrysler's interpretation of the Honda Ridgeline concept.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #222

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Great, another trar.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #223

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Automotive News says midsize Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. will offer a small, four-cylinder Duramax turbo diesel with a displacement of either 2.5 or 2.8 liters next year

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...#axzz2d5Or41mo
Actually, it says a year or so after the 2014 new model intro. So it will be 2015 or later. Provided they don't decide otherwise in the meantime!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #224

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft 2001
2015....To late! The new RAM 1500 with his V6 VM Motori engine is ready and if they priced it wisely it's gone be the best selling pickup in 2014 by a far margin. BUT....let me tell you something I learn the hard way with my VM Motori powered Jeep Liberty....First there is no qualified VM mechanic in North America, they all receive a 45 minutes video training...Next: Parts are all coming from oversea (Italy) and Chrysler think they sold you a exotic Italian sport car so be ready to regret your purchase...

Nissan need to take care of the Titan rear diff "exploding" tendency first if they want to get success with the Cummins engine. The goal here is to conquer the half ton pickup market share. Toyota is sitting on the top of the hill for many years with his mid size Tacoma, they better move their a$$ and bring the diesel Hilux here before a mid size pickup with a American made 4 cylinders diesel engine hit the market....
Gilles D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:26 PM   #225

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Pricing announced for 2.8-liter Duramax diesel inline four for the Colorado and Canyon
2016 Chevrolet Colorado With Sweet Diesel Power Priced From $31,700
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:02 PM   #226
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
That's a nice sized truck with huge power. It has twice the TQ as our Nissan Van and we were towing 4,500lbs with no problem.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:36 PM   #227

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Ban On The Mahindra Roxor Has Been Lifted
https://jalopnik.com/the-ban-on-the-...a-s-1845958752
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 08:37 PM   #228

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Interesting when an old thread gets resurrected. All the optimism and predictions about clean small diesels... now eclipsed by cheap gas and emissions scandals. Who’d have thought when this thread started we’d be talking seriously about electric trucks?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:07 AM   #229

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Oh wow, I've seen one of those around town. An old-timer here has one. It definitely interested me. Looked like a restored Jeep but clearly wasn't and had badging that I didn't recognize. I didn't realize it's actually a side-by-side built to look like a Jeep. Something like that could be really fun around the mountains. You don't get the cool factor of owning a decades old, burly 4x4, but you also don't get the constant money pit and time suck that comes from owning old 4x4s. Kinda cool.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:55 AM   #230

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Zack,

I wouldn't call it a side by side disguised as a Jeep. More, it is a Jeep, by a different manufacturer, that is not street legal. Mahindra has been licensed to build Jeeps for decades.

It is the same architecture as old Jeeps, A four cylinder front engine, leaf springs, straight axles, center two speed transfer case, etc. A Jeep from yesteryear reproduced by Mahindra. But new, with a turbodiesel engine.

Too bad Jeep feels so threatened by the styling of the body. And that is all it is. As soon as Mahindra made it ugly enough, Jeep was satisfied.

And they are made in the US. Looks like a perfect ranch truck, or fun off-road rock crawler.

This can probably be licensed and driven on the street where quads are allowed to do so.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:00 PM   #231

Arizona
Registry
To my eye the latest version looks like the bastard offspring of a Willys jeep and a Sears & Roebuck garden tractor.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:58 PM   #232

Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
To my eye the latest version looks like the bastard offspring of a Willys jeep and a Sears & Roebuck garden tractor.
Yep. But don't blame Mahindra. Read the reasons for it. They had to beat it with an ugly stick until Jeep said OK, backed by the court.

Can you imagine Jeep being so intimidated by Mahindra, that they would sue to stop a vehicle that reminds us of the look of a vehicle over forty years old? And one that is not even street legal? Poor Jeep.

From Jalopnik 3/2018: Mahindra was one of the earliest—1947, remember—Jeep licensee, and has had agreements with every one of the many companies that have been stewards of the Jeep brand over history: Willys, Kaiser, American Motors, Renault, Chrysler, Daimler, the Cerberus group, and now Fiat.

They are just not licensed to sell them in the US. Comical that all Mahindra had to do was change to look of the grill, and Jeep was satisfied.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:21 PM   #233

Montana
It was the linked article that labeled them a side-by-side. "the Roxor, an off-road side-by-side whose styling was a little — no, a lot — too familiar for the legal department of Fiat Chrysler". But yeah, now that I know more, Jaloponik was probably wrong to label them that way.

The one I've seen here is probably street legal, since I've seen him driving it on the street, but then the police here don't really care so who knows.

I didn't realize they were one of the OGs. Interesting. Well I'm not sure I'll ever be in the market for a new vehicle so it's not on my list, but it's definitely a cool vehicle. I think the newest style is still pretty cool looking. Though I like the in-between idea from the image in the linked article.

Click image for larger version

Name:	txaz1uddykiuvu0caqxv.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	138942
Old 12-31-2020, 01:34 PM   #234

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
Yep. But don't blame Mahindra. Read the reasons for it.
I did, including the part about the reasons FCA was essentially compelled by trademark laws to do so. Shades of Bleak House.

I agree the middle design was the best.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:33 PM   #235

Smith Valley, Nevada
Zach, I'm afraid i don't know what OG means.

Also, Im assume they can be perfectly legal on the street in the states that allow quads to be on the street. Arizona is one, apparently, and Nevada is thinking about it. That makes them much more appealing to me.
Old 12-31-2020, 06:19 PM   #236

Montana
Montana is definitely one that allows it.

OG? Well, I guess people use it in all kinds of creative ways, but I meant "original". One of the original, old-school producers of the "jeep" military vehicle.