Mahindra diesel pickup - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-19-2011, 07:05 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Posts: 818
To further illustrate the change in expectations when it comes to automotive performance: a new Sienna has a quicker 0-60 time than the original Porsche 911.
__________________

__________________
-Jesse
SOLD! - 1984 Scamp 13 in Maryland.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #72
Senior Member
 
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Posts: 1,564
maybe GM will enter this market,

According to GMInsideNews, "General Motors is mulling the notion of introducing a diesel Chevrolet Cruze to the American market. Sources within the Lordstown, Ohio assembly plant responsible for piecing the compact sedan together have confirmed that a diesel Cruze will be built for 2013."

"There's even rumor that GM is currently testing diesel Cruze models around the greater Detroit area right now. While no power or fuel economy numbers are available at the moment, GM is expected to make use of a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine for the new model. That would be the same one found in the Holden Cruze CDX, which turns out 147 horsepower and 235 pound-feet of torque with up to 34 miles per gallon combined."
__________________

__________________
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
Name: George
Trailer: Waiting for the Sprinter van and designing the converion modules.
Oregon
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
maybe GM will enter this market,

According to GMInsideNews, "General Motors is mulling the notion of introducing a diesel Chevrolet Cruze to the American market. Sources within the Lordstown, Ohio assembly plant responsible for piecing the compact sedan together have confirmed that a diesel Cruze will be built for 2013."

"There's even rumor that GM is currently testing diesel Cruze models around the greater Detroit area right now. While no power or fuel economy numbers are available at the moment, GM is expected to make use of a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine for the new model. That would be the same one found in the Holden Cruze CDX, which turns out 147 horsepower and 235 pound-feet of torque with up to 34 miles per gallon combined."
Perhaps after Bob Lutz departure from GM, they are more open to Diesel; this indeed would be good news.
George.
__________________
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
Radar1's Avatar
 
Name: Dave (and/or John)
Trailer: Scamp 16 SD std layout 6
Georgia
Posts: 766
Registry
Good news/bad news about the Mahindra diesel. Good news according to "Truck Trend" is that it passed EPA certification. Bad news is that it only achieved 19/21 MPG for the 4WD version, less than the 30 expected.

John
__________________
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Greg H's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Posts: 1,557
sounds about right.
__________________
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Any news about the 2WD version. I don't give a rip about having 4WD....
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
Greg H's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Posts: 1,557
it's probably not much better, too bad.
__________________
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Name: George
Trailer: Waiting for the Sprinter van and designing the converion modules.
Oregon
Posts: 629
A similar truck, Nissan Navarra gets combined 27.6 US MPG (33.2 UK MPG). Engine is 2.5l with manual transmission. Personally, I doubt EPA numbers.
Nissan vehicle emissions
George.
__________________
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,046
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrew View Post
To further illustrate the change in expectations when it comes to automotive performance: a new Sienna has a quicker 0-60 time than the original Porsche 911.
May be but it would be fun to watch that Sienna on a road race course.
__________________
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #80
Member
 
Trailer: 1982 13 ft Burro
Posts: 37
Quote:
To further illustrate the change in expectations when it comes to automotive performance: a new Sienna has a quicker 0-60 time than the original Porsche 911.
Someone actually tried this. Pretty funny - and this was in 2003 (albeit, of course, against a 356 and an XKE, not a 911). These days, minivans are only faster and more powerful.
__________________
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #81
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Posts: 878
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Someone actually tried this. Pretty funny - and this was in 2003 (albeit, of course, against a 356 and an XKE, not a 911). These days, minivans are only faster and more powerful.
Andy, That was a fun read. Thanks.
__________________
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
CallDon's Avatar
 
Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Posts: 226
Well, it looks like the Mahindra is gone for good in the USA. But the company is already being sued by some of the former future dealers. It would be nice to see a diesel in something smaller than a 3/4 ton giant truck.

Here's the link to the story.


D*
__________________
Airstream FM
Beautiful Music Radio For the Internet Generation

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
Greg H's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Posts: 1,557
I still can't figure out why Toyota doesn't clean up and turbocharge a Diesel forklift engine.
__________________
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H
I still can't figure out why Toyota doesn't clean up and turbocharge a Diesel forklift engine.
Toyota already puts some great turbo diesels in their pickup trucks... Just not in the US. Do a search for Toyota Hilux. This is what we call the Tacoma here in the US. They also make some nice smaller turbo diesel engines, like the 1.4 liter one that is optional in my little Scion xD if I lived in Europe (they call it the Toyota Urban Cruiser over there). Toyota also sells that Engine to BMW to put in the Mini Cooper 1D.
__________________

__________________
-Jesse
SOLD! - 1984 Scamp 13 in Maryland.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra - New great tow vehicle? Alan Rh Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 46 04-29-2011 02:04 PM
Subaru Forester Diesel? Bobbie Mayer General Chat 11 03-07-2009 07:23 PM
Diesel cars and towing power Frank G. General Chat 4 03-04-2007 08:49 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.