max speed - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #41

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
Come on now folks. High speed trailer towing and breaking speed records?? Lets try to stay on topic.
In case you missed it the OP's Question was about max speed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissance1415 View Post
Does anyone know what the max speed is for a CT-13 re: the hubs and tires. I'll be pulling with an X5 (BMW) so pretty stable.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:48 AM   #42

Name: Andy
Trailer: U Haul
New Mexico
RE: Curt hitches.... bummer. When I was looking the design and construction between the Curt, Hidden hitch and the Draw tite looked identical. So much so I wondered if they were not all made in the same factory. I hope I don't have any issues, but the Ct is so light I doubt I will.
renaissance1415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #43

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
RE: Curt hitches.... bummer. When I was looking the design and construction between the Curt, Hidden hitch and the Draw tite looked identical. So much so I wondered if they were not all made in the same factory. I hope I don't have any issues, but the Ct is so light I doubt I will.
In the case of Draw-Tite and Hidden Hitch they may be made at the same factory as they are owned by the same parent company, Cequent Performance Products.

Edit to add: they own Reese as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:22 AM   #44
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
In case you missed it the OP's Question was about max speed:

CH, you are sooooo predictable
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #45

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Predictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
CH, you are sooooo predictable
Just one of CH's many good qualities or traits!!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #46

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Curt Hitch

Quote:
We have had a Curt Hitch for 7 years. We bought our first hitch to travel across Labrador on a 1000 mile dirt road. It did develop a crack in an absolutely not critical area.

We contacted Curt and they sent us a brand new hitch. They stood behind their product. I doubt most people would even notice it happened.

We had that hitch reinforced in the area that failed on us. Since we tend to travel in tough areas. I have suggested that they reinforce this area.

On our hitch the failure was in the area where the hitch attached to the tow vehicle's tow ring.

We have been happy with Curt, using our Curt Hitch for 6 years without a problem. We travel over 7 months a year. We do check the bolts that hold the hitch.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #47

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
I put a class 3 Curt hitch on our Subaru Forester about 2 years ago and was very impressed with the fit and finish. It was very heavy duty. I prefer it to Draw Tite and Reese hitches I've had in the past. Thicker metal and better welds IMO.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote