Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
My Tundra naked.
Um, Cyndi, can you clarify ?
I seem to be missing the meaning of your statement?

Old 10-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #72

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2007 Toyota Tundra/2015 Tundra
Montana
Registry
I was referring to the picture of the Tundra frame posted by Floyd. We are proud owners of the all new 2007 Tundra that we have had to replace the front end differential - already. That Big Girl and the Scamp will be together for a long time.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #73

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Did you mean " Liable"? [LOL]

Maybe not??

Don't worry... be happy!
Hmmmm...!
Heck, I don't know. I just cut and pasted those thingies from the links below them. My command of spelling and big words, like Liable, leaves a lot to be desired.

Must have forgotten to take the Ginko today.

Kip
Old 10-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #74

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
It is interesting, and truly sad, that many people here have mentioned being "legally liable" and the possibility of a situation being "legally devastating." I would primarily be concerned with the safety of the people in my car and those in other cars. Second, I would be concerned with property damage -- my car, my trailer, cars around me, etc. I have learned not to be too concerned with being legally liable, because anyone can be sued for just about anything in this country these days. Experience has also taught me that what happens in a court room has NO bearing on what happened in real life. Those at fault do not necessarily pay for what they have done, and those who are innocent are often blamed for what they have not done. It would take far too much energy to worry about this all the time. I am worried primarily about the first two things I mentioned... and I do not believe that I am endangering life, limb, or property any more than anyone else does on a daily basis -- probably less.

There are people who SHOULDN'T be towing... or driving at all, for that matter. I do not believe I am one of them. I have had one at-fault accident in my life, and it was when I fell asleep at the wheel when I was 16. It was completely my fault, and nobody got hurt (except for a bump to my own head and a total loss of a car). My own stupid fault for not knowing how tired was TOO tired. I rarely speed (well, rarely more than 5 over), and I have a pretty good grasp of the physics involved when controlling (or losing control of) an automobile.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #75

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2007 Toyota Tundra/2015 Tundra
Montana
Registry
I make no amends about what I tow with nor do I defend it's gas mileage. They are married for along time and they are both fully paid for. PHHHH!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #76

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
I was referring to the picture of the Tundra frame posted by Floyd. We are proud owners of the all new 2007 Tundra that we have had to replace the front end differential - already. That Big Girl and the Scamp will be together for a long time.
Cyndi,

How is the Tundra equipped? Assuming it has 4 wheel drive. Looks to be a 4 door. What engine and tranny?

Thanks,
Kip
Old 10-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #77

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Mcbrew wrote:" Experience has also taught me that what happens in a court room has NO bearing on what happened in real life. Those at fault do not necessarily pay for what they have done, and those who are innocent are often blamed for what they have not done."

Thats basically my point! Even if you were not the real cause of what happens someone looking to aim the blame elsewhere is going to lock onto the fact the trailer is over weight for the tow and they will make a deal out of it. Why give them the opening?

Tags
trillium