My ParkLiner's (New to me) 2010 Nissan Frontier - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #1

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
My ParkLiner's (New to me) 2010 Nissan Frontier

Well here is my xmas present to myself...traded in the Rav4 for a V6 Frontier! So no more wdh lol
Attached Thumbnails
2010Nissan Frontier.jpg  

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Congratulations.
Bet it will give more convenience.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #3

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Nice looking truck ya got there Deryk! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I bet that will tow your ParkLiner just great.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #4

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks! Happy Holidays to you guys too!

Yeah I barely knew it was behind me and I saw the tach drop down to 1500rpm's while doing 60 so should hopefully give me similar gas rateings(I hope!) as not towing.

I'm hoping being heavier will cut down on sway effects during higher winds since the Frontier is a good chunk heavier then my Rav4 was.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 01-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #5

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Gas mileage with my F-150 doesn't drop much towing #006, mostly because my mileage isn't great anyways. We've got 30 mpg with Gail's Escape on trips, but I bet we'll be lucky to get 1/2 that towing 006? If that turns out to be the case, we'll be better off using the truck.

Best of luck Deryk. That's a great truck ya got there!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #6

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Congrats Deryk. Great Christmas present.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #7

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Congrats Deryk, looking good! I think you'll be a lot happier with the clearance on your new tug.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #8

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Congratulations!!!
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Nice looking truck, more than enough truck to get the job done.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #10

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
The curves on the truck make it look like the perfect match for the Parkliner! Congrats on the beautiful new wheels.
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #11
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
The Frontier is a nice truck. It has a comfortable ride, is well thought out, and the engine/ transmission work well together. I started with a 4wd 2009 Crew Cab. Had to have a door lock actuator replaced under warranty. Other than that, no issues. At 42k I traded in for a 2012. Also 4wd. At 10k miles no issues. I typically get >18 mpg on the highway with the Trillium but have seen as low as 15 mpg towing in city traffic. I bought a soft tonneau cover ($250) for the 2009 that I now use on the 2012. Recently Thule came out with a roof rack. It's pricey but very well made. It sure beats foam blocks for carrying the canoe. As I recall Tim Wood is pulling his Parkliner with a Frontier and Alf uses one to pull his Escape 5.0. You're in good company . Enjoy your new truck. Raz

P.S. I don't know about Tim's but both Alf and I have white ones too.
Attached Thumbnails
image-264279268.jpg  
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #12

New Jersey
Registry
I was looking for a white one since it would look good towing my ParkLiner lol... a few years ago a guy at work got a white van and I foolishly said "I don't think I would ever buy a white vehicle" the Rav4 was a good price but in white I bought it. Now with a white fiberglass caravan, they look great together lol...I'm cursed lol

Old 01-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #13

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I was looking for a white one since it would look good towing my ParkLiner lol... a few years ago a guy at work got a white van and I foolishly said "I don't think I would ever buy a white vehicle" the Rav4 was a good price but in white I bought it. Now with a white fiberglass caravan, they look great together lol...I'm cursed lol
Same here Deryk. White was always the very last option.
Then in 2000 we bought a white 2000 GMC. Beautiful truck
with a few personal touches. Sadly it got totalled out.
Now when I look at new vehicles I look for that white version.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #14

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Deryk,
Nice looking pair you have there. Enjoy!!
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #15

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 19
Ontario
I bought a Frontier to pull an Escape last year. Good tow vehicle. I've been quite happy with it, at least up until last week -- then the cabin fan started giving me problems. Not acceptable in this weather.

We'll see how the dealership deals with the problem, but after owning two Toyotas and having no issues with them aside from standard wear-and-tear (over 25 vehicle-years), I've got pretty high standards. Just having to deal with an issue is a strike against, even if the dealership handles it well.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #16

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I think white is my color of preference now. It may not be as flashy as other colors, but it is easy to match the paint, and it ages well. Not many white Fireflies though.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #17
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Something Frontier owners should know

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post
I bought a Frontier to pull an Escape last year. Good tow vehicle. I've been quite happy with it, at least up until last week -- then the cabin fan started giving me problems. Not acceptable in this weather.
The first time I went to replace the cabin air filter in my '09 I discovered that Mickey and Minnie had made a nice home on top of it. They get in through the air intake which is wide open (like most vehicles) under the cowl. The filter slows them from entering the air ducts and the truck but if they chew through the filter the fan is close by.. Might be your issue?? A piece of screen over the opening solves the problem. First thing I did on the 2012. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #18

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 19
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
The first time I went to replace the cabin air filter in my '09 I discovered that Mickey and Minnie had made a nice home on top of it. They get in through the air intake which is wide open (like most vehicles) under the cowl. The filter slows them from entering the air ducts and the truck but if they chew through the filter the fan is close by.. Might be your issue?? A piece of screen over the opening solves the problem. First thing I did on the 2012. Raz
Nothing so simple, unfortunately. It's something in the electronics. The fan doesn't work at all until the truck warms up. In -20 weather, it can take 30 minutes of driving around with no heat/defrost. Then the fan starts working normally.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Name: Cameron
Trailer: ParkLiner
North Carolina
Nice Truck Deryk! It looks worthy to tow you and the ParkLiner on many adventures to come. Happy New Year.

- Cameron
parklinercameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:31 AM   #20

Name: Betty Lou
Trailer: Ready to purchase.
Delaware
Deryk, congratulations on your new TV. The Frontier really looks great with your Parkliner. Guess you won't have to be so concerned with tongue weight as your were w/your Rav4. Do you happen to need a brake controller for your Frontier?
We have an extra one that we used only 3 times.
Again , congratulations! Happy healthy New Year everyone! Betty Lou and Bev, (2 sisters from Delaware).
BL Chiffons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner