Need rims for Uhaul CT13 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #15

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I'm assuming that Cindy means hubcaps, so that's what I'm talking about. Our Uhaul has old Toyota hubcaps on it, I happened to have them in my collection, and they fit. I've seen one Uhaul that was for sale, and it had the original hubcaps on it, but they were rusted and dented. I've got to go through my hubcap collection and see if I have any vintage ones that will fit, as in full size shiny metal ones, not plastic like I'm using now. Hubcaps are low on my to do list, and since we are now on the road the list is on hold for awhile.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #16

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Yes I meant hubcaps.

CindyL

Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #17

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Rare UHaul Baby Moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Yes I meant hubcaps.

CindyL
Ms. CindyL ,
Are the replacement rims you have the same shape as the the original rims but just missing the nubs which secured the hubcaps?

If so, maybe 3 accurately drilled holes for 3 s/s roundhead screws would allow you to use those RARE UHAUL baby moons
Old 11-30-2012, 05:02 AM   #18

Illinois
Registry
Hmm. I will direct hubby to this post. I believe that this is what he may have said was the issue. However, he painted the new rims and added fancy chrome lugnuts, so the new rims look nicer without the baby moons.

We found the hubcaps on ebay. They popup periodically there if you keep looking. I generally search every other day using both "Uhaul" and "U Haul." To get them, you may need to buy a single one and take the risk that a second one will appear. These, however, were a pair.

CindyL
Old 12-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #19

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Yes, the little nubs are missing and I think the actual size of the opening is a bit different, too. I'll check this weekend.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #20

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Yes, the little nubs are missing and I think the actual size of the opening is a bit different, too. I'll check this weekend.
Be careful Kevin and Cindy. The hubcap nappers are circling........
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #21

Name: Robert
Trailer: CT13
Indiana
The rims fit and am heading home. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about getting new rims for your uhaul. The most important thing is the CT-13 rims are only available from a maintence facility as they have a different computer system and if they do not have them in stock they can search the stock of other facilities.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #22

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higginra View Post
The rims fit and am heading home. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about getting new rims for your uhaul. The most important thing is the CT-13 rims are only available from a maintence facility as they have a different computer system and if they do not have them in stock they can search the stock of other facilities.

Thanks for this valuable information. This is a recurring question and this information will help others in the future.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #23

Illinois
Registry
Hubcapnappers would have a tough time. We can't find them right now. And I think we have two sets. I am sure we have at least 3, one for the spare.

If you saw our collection, you would understand why we can't find them.

CindyL
Old 12-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #24

Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Cindy, I'll bet my collection of stuff is bigger, visualize a barn 50X100 full!! I have stuff I know I have but can't find, and other stuff I forgot I had. Tried to get on the Pickers show, but it didn't work out.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #25

Illinois
Registry
I wish we had a barn. Then we might have room to spread out the stuff and could find things. And have room to work on the classic vehicles.

CindyL
Old 12-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #26

New York
I thought everyone had a barn!! Mine needs cleaning out and organizing, plus I have a smaller one that used to be a milk house but is now my shop, and that needs to be straightened up too. It will have to wait until spring, because right now I'm a "Winter Guest" at a campground by the beach in Georgia. That's their term for "Yankee Snowbird".
Old 12-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #27

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
What is kind of funny is that when we had a small barn on our house lot in WI, we didn't have as much stuff. We obviously did this all backwards.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #28

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Cindy, I'll bet my collection of stuff is bigger, visualize a barn 50X100 full!! I have stuff I know I have but can't find, and other stuff I forgot I had. Tried to get on the Pickers show, but it didn't work out.
Ms. CindyL and Mr. Bob,
Too much stuff in my stash too! When I buy something I need and then later find out that I already owned one, bought years ago, that concerns me...
I'm been trying to beat the " no matter how big the storage the faster it fills up" syndrome...

Tags
uhaul