Need rims for Uhaul CT13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2012, 06:58 AM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: CT13
Indiana
Need rims for Uhaul CT13

Does anyone have a rim I could purchase to bring a uhaul home this week?

Robert Higginbotham
Phone: 3176501169
Higginra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If you are unable to find one used get the part number from this document:
Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Uhaul Wheels

and try calling UHaul service depots to see if you can find any old stock. The site below has a search by zip code.

U-Haul Truck Trailer Parts: Shop for Ford, GMC, International and Toyota truck and trailer parts online or find a part store near you. We sell obsolete, OEM, NOS, parts for used box trucks and trailers.

Some have used mini-spares from GM cars with 4.75" bolt circles in an emergency. http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-r...5&StudSpreadMM
Old 11-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #3

Indiana
Thanks it looks like Uhaul is shipping them today from VA.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
There are other Uhaul owners here that would like to know just how you were able to get those rims, part numbers, and when you get them if they are actually the correct ones
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #5

Indiana
Mary and Bob

The link is posted above by Thomas G called Document Center -Uhaul wheels and it includes the part numbers for the CT wheels and tires and a phone contact number. I will post after I receive the rims to let everyone know if I got the correct ones on or before this Sunday.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #6

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
I called my local privetly owned tire shop they told me how to measure the bolt pattern (witch I have now forgot) then they ordered me a new rim. It was for my spare. It fit perfectly.
So there is another option. If you cant find one to mach you can always get new ones..
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkman View Post
I called my local privately owned tire shop they told me how to measure the bolt pattern (witch I have now forgot) then they ordered me a new rim. It was for my spare. It fit perfectly.
So there is another option. If you cant find one to mach you can always get new ones..
Usually the problem with UHaul rims is the large positive offset - 1.75". Does your new rim have the right offset?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #8

Indiana
I will not know until I pick it up on Sat if they are the right ones. I have arraigned to borrow a wheel if they do not fit to get it home. Uhaul billed me $58.25 ea. I will let everyone know how it works out before Sun.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #9

New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Usually the problem with UHaul rims is the large positive offset - 1.75". Does your new rim have the right offset?

Tom I do not know. I just know it fit.
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #10

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Wow! They gave you a deal. We paid Uhaul more than that.

A lot depends on the willingness and knowledge of your local Uhaul to work with you. Ours helped us get new ones, although they are not exact duplicates even though they fit. We do have original Uhaul wheel covers that we won on ebay, but they don't work on the new versions rims. The rims fit but the wheel covers don't fit the new rims.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkman View Post
Tom I do not know. I just know it fit.
OK. If the tire clears the wheel well lip, you have enough offset.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #12

New York
Registry
Ok I stand corrected. When I bought my spare rim I did not check the off set. I only put the rim on and it fit so I assumed it wold work. I just now went out and tried it on with the wheel on and it just barely fits. So I'm going to have to find one from U-haul as well. Darn good thing Tom pointed this out to me or I could be up that creek with out a paddle if I had a flat. Thanks Tom for questioning me on the off set!!!!!!
Jason
Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #13

New York
Quote:
We do have original Uhaul wheel covers that we won on ebay, but they don't work on the new versions rims. The rims fit but the wheel covers don't fit the new rims.

CindyL
if the wheel covers don't fit then you should sell them to us.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #14

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Quote:
We do have original Uhaul wheel covers that we won on ebay, but they don't work on the new versions rims. The rims fit but the wheel covers don't fit the new rims.

CindyL
if the wheel covers don't fit then you should sell them to us.
Hey Bob, what do you mean by 'wheel covers' ? hubcaps? or the cover that fits over a spare?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #15

New York
I'm assuming that Cindy means hubcaps, so that's what I'm talking about. Our Uhaul has old Toyota hubcaps on it, I happened to have them in my collection, and they fit. I've seen one Uhaul that was for sale, and it had the original hubcaps on it, but they were rusted and dented. I've got to go through my hubcap collection and see if I have any vintage ones that will fit, as in full size shiny metal ones, not plastic like I'm using now. Hubcaps are low on my to do list, and since we are now on the road the list is on hold for awhile.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #16

Registry
Yes I meant hubcaps.

CindyL
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #17

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Rare UHaul Baby Moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Yes I meant hubcaps.

CindyL
Ms. CindyL ,
Are the replacement rims you have the same shape as the the original rims but just missing the nubs which secured the hubcaps?

If so, maybe 3 accurately drilled holes for 3 s/s roundhead screws would allow you to use those RARE UHAUL baby moons
Old 11-30-2012, 05:02 AM   #18

Registry
Hmm. I will direct hubby to this post. I believe that this is what he may have said was the issue. However, he painted the new rims and added fancy chrome lugnuts, so the new rims look nicer without the baby moons.

We found the hubcaps on ebay. They popup periodically there if you keep looking. I generally search every other day using both "Uhaul" and "U Haul." To get them, you may need to buy a single one and take the risk that a second one will appear. These, however, were a pair.

CindyL
Old 12-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #19

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Yes, the little nubs are missing and I think the actual size of the opening is a bit different, too. I'll check this weekend.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Yes, the little nubs are missing and I think the actual size of the opening is a bit different, too. I'll check this weekend.
Be careful Kevin and Cindy. The hubcap nappers are circling........

Tags
uhaul