New Axle Happening NOW - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2016, 09:27 AM   #21

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
Ellpea, I think tonight I'm going to have a glass of wine for you - just in case you missed one!!!
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 03:06 PM   #22

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
I think wine is good insurance for all of lifes little bends and twists. I'm getting a new axle Tuesday on my 2012 Scamp 13. But mine was in an accident with P.O. and I just don't like the negative camber on one tire, not the weird way the backing plate sits. I'll be drinking when I get home from my journey, but my drug of choice is beer and several outta do it!
I kept my axle factory specs, could have went to 0 degrees as a good friend here suggested, but it was already ordered by then. And heck, that axle will outlive me at this point. So I Think it's time for a beer. As has been said, "Beer is proof that God loves man and wants him to be happy!"

Sent from my VS985 4G using Fiberglass RV mobile app
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:27 PM   #23

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak Ron View Post
The 10" brakes may be a help later on. I tried to have a shop turn my 7" drums and their equipment wouldn't go that small. They could do 10" so you are set for future maintenance on them.
Thanks Ron, this is a good thought which I find cheering!
Old 06-23-2016, 07:30 PM   #24

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampyTime View Post
I think wine is good insurance for all of lifes little bends and twists. I'm getting a new axle Tuesday on my 2012 Scamp 13. But mine was in an accident with P.O. and I just don't like the negative camber on one tire, not the weird way the backing plate sits. I'll be drinking when I get home from my journey, but my drug of choice is beer and several outta do it!
I kept my axle factory specs, could have went to 0 degrees as a good friend here suggested, but it was already ordered by then. And heck, that axle will outlive me at this point. So I Think it's time for a beer. As has been said, "Beer is proof that God loves man and wants him to be happy!"

Sent from my VS985 4G using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Wendy Lee, I think you are right about that. Beer AND wine, that is. Remember, someone did turn water into wine, so God must have wanted us to have it.

However, when wine became bubbly, that was the real proof. I get mine in the big bottle at Costco, and am imbibing at this very moment!

Good luck with your new axle, I hope it goes without a hitch. I mean, keep your hitch. You know what I mean!
Old 06-23-2016, 07:32 PM   #25

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWScarab View Post
Ellpea, I think tonight I'm going to have a glass of wine for you - just in case you missed one!!!
Joe, I appreciate the gesture. I haven't missed mine, but you should maybe have a second just to be on the safe side!
Old 06-23-2016, 07:35 PM   #26

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbybe View Post
I love this quote. To bad I am learning it too late.

Don
Sacramento
Don there's a lot of wisdom in what Dave said. I have to quit crying over spilt milk (it's not spilt bubbly, after all). Part of that means I have to stop thinking about how much gas I could have bought for the extra $6-700 we spent, Yada Yada Yada.

Nuff said, nuff whinging. Have another sip and think about where to travel next!

Thanks, everyone, for encouraging words. They are appreciated!
Old 06-23-2016, 07:36 PM   #27

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
My wife and I "love" the Franzia Fruity Red Sangria. Im not a sweet wine person, but this stuff is SO good when cold. And its a 5 liter box for like $14.

Anybody, before yoh laugh, try it!!! Has to be cold tho! We have served it to wine pinky pointy peeps, and they liked it too!
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:49 PM   #28

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWScarab View Post
My wife and I "love" the Franzia Fruity Red Sangria. Im not a sweet wine person, but this stuff is SO good when cold. And its a 5 liter box for like $14.

Anybody, before yoh laugh, try it!!! Has to bd cold tho!
Hey, I totally respect box wine! I used to keep a box of white and a box of red in my little wardrobe closet in the vintage Kencraft trailer I stayed in several nights a week when attending college. (The KC trailer had a FULL fiberglass roof along with front and back walls, it was awesome). I just had to open the cupboard door and turn on the spout. Awesome. Fellow grad students loved to visit me there!

Old 06-23-2016, 07:53 PM   #29

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You don't even want to know what it cost me for a new axle, new tires and wheels (Chevy Corvette Rally Wheels on Ford Bolt Pattern)... the things we do, just because of the visuals

Donna, I don't NEED to know, but if your spend got you what you want, I'd say the price was worth it!
Old 06-23-2016, 08:29 PM   #30

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Of course it did! It would be far worse to spend money on something I didn't like
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:03 PM   #31

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
consider it the california advantage, I got a cheaper axle and you got cheaper wine. You will have come out better than me with all the wine we go through up here. I cannot get over the cost of wine down there (son is in Santa Cruze area). Love the $2 buck chuck at Trader Joes as well as more expensive stuff. A bottle like that up here is about $15 and goes way up from there.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle