New Frame for 13 foot 1972 Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2019, 12:22 PM   #1

Name: Scott
Trailer: 1972 13FT Boler
AB
New Frame for 13 foot 1972 Boler

Hey Guys and Gals,

Me and my wife recently bought a 1972 13 foot Boler for our wedding present. We want to put a new frame and axle on ours and I was wondering if anyone knows anyone in Alberta (Calgary Region ideally) that can make a new frame with a new axle in it. We spoke to Metro Center in Winnipeg who makes them but we were hoping to find someone a little closer.

Thanks!
ScottH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:26 AM   #2

Name: Eric
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
Hey Guys and Gals,

Me and my wife recently bought a 1972 13 foot Boler for our wedding present. We want to put a new frame and axle on ours and I was wondering if anyone knows anyone in Alberta (Calgary Region ideally) that can make a new frame with a new axle in it. We spoke to Metro Center in Winnipeg who makes them but we were hoping to find someone a little closer.

Thanks!
Congratulations!

In/around Calgary: Kevin at https://www.rockalta.com/ is a very nice man who is working with trailers. https://standens.com/ is another company you may visit.
I have experience with both of them, like Kevin very much.

Eric
HawkBoler72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:29 AM   #3

Name: Curt
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Alberta
Registry
False Economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
Hey Guys and Gals,

Thanks!
Scott:

We have a 1978 Trillium here in Edmonton, so have no personal experience with replacing a frame.

However, we were at the Boler 50 in Winnipeg last summer and got a chance to look at the replacement frames that are being made there (I THINK it was Metro's display). These people know Boler's, know the frames, and Know the potential problems, which is why they use galvanized steel, etc. They have the proper jigs to allow them to build quality frames right from the start.

While you MIGHT be able to find someone closer to Calgary that COULD make a frame for you, I would be concerned about the false economy in this due to the potential for future problems.

That's my very humble opinion, and it's just an opinion!

Curt
Capn.Curt.Wiebe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler