Originally Posted by steve dunham
A few things I've learned about tires
1) There are no radial trailer tires
made in the USA
2) All Brands of trailer tires have their problems
3) Chinese tires seem to be the poorest quality, tire Japanese and Korean the better quality tire
4) Korean and Japanese tire Mfg. have plants in Thailand ,Vietnam and China so even their quality is suspect.
5) Greenball is an importer and does not mfg. tires They import tires under many labels and are not noted for backing up there tires. They are made to meet a price point
6) Marathons were a good tire but now are no worse or better than any other Chinese tires, just priced higher ( Info came from Goodyear dealer)
7) Going to a Kumhos or Hankook D rated tire is not the whole answer The D rated tire is designed to run at 65 lbs. pressure and most trailer rims are rated for 50 lbs (Kumhos told me not to run their #857 tire at 50 lbs) Most tire dealers are not aware of this problem
It is claimed that Carlisle still makes their radial tires in the U.S.
Mine are radials and they make two or three different radial trailer tires.
I just got back to Illannoy from Sebring and now have about 27000miles on them.