New to me - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2016, 12:56 PM   #1

Name: Margaret
Trailer: '73 Boler
British Columbia
New to me

I just bought a sweet little '73 Boler - no photos yet. I've been reading this site for a while and appreciate the great answers and expertise out there. It's great that people are willing to help. Now, my question is about towing my Boler. I have a 2012 Chevy Cruz - will it tow?
bolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:32 PM   #2

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
You really need to check your owners manual for both tow weight and tongue weight limits. According to the Edmund's site the Cruz tow limit is 1000 lb. Go here to find http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-43010-22.html, post 297, to get a realistic idea of what you are considering. These weights come from actual weighing of trailers loaded for camping, at various rallies.

Best of luck.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
You sound like someone I know well: "I just got these great earrings. Now I need clothes to go with them."

You may find you will be tow-shopping soon!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #4

British Columbia
Kevin A - that's pretty funny - and very astute! I've yearned for a Boler since I sold mine about 25 years ago and happened upon this deal that I could not pass up. Even if I sold it tomorrow, I would double my money so, in the long run, the 'earrings' were a great purchase.
And to The Minimalist, you're right. I checked all the specs and thought my car was too light. Now I have a request out for a truck, which suits me better anyway.
Thanks to both of you.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:29 PM   #5

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Congrats on the Boler! I'm a truck kind of a gal. Had to sell mine to get a handicapped van for my brother, but I'm also a person who loves the one she's with. My chevy express is more than up to the job of towing my scamp 13er, even though the only speed in her power band is slower.

If you can spring for a truck, I feel they're a great all around tug and camping vehicle, especially with a cap over the truck bed. The smaller your trailer, the more room you need for whatever camping gear you bring. Just my two cents.

Happy camping and can't wait to see pics of your Boler!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:29 AM   #6

British Columbia
Thanks Campytime

You're right - a truck would be the thing. I know the right one will come along.