Newbie needs Tow Vehicle help - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #81

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
You mean like this Corvette spotted at the Boler 50th anniversary?
Except mine is a bit newer... (Stock photo, I don't have any pictures of it.)

The XKE would have been fun too, but I sold it. The Model A with 50hp would have been fun too (albeit not very safe). But I sold that too.
Attached Thumbnails
c5.jpg   xke_4me2.jpg  

1930 Model A.JPG  
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:38 PM   #82

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Now that sounds to me a lot like when a Southerner says to you, "Well, bless your heart!"

Roughly translated, that means I'm being nice, but I'm thinking you're an idiot!

Well, bless your heart... even a smartest people get it wrong once in a while...Merry Christmas! ( really!)
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:55 PM   #83

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Harold View Post
How long will it be before Samsung comes out with a tow vehicle? My main TV is a 50-inch Visio: the Yugo of tow vehicles.

As for recommendations, I believe it's always better to buy something you can grow into, rather than buying something you might grow quickly out of...

So, a tow vehicle that has power that you might never need is better than a tow vehicle that keeps you wishing you had a little more power. Brakes fall under the same category: better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them.

FYI: My tow vehicle is a 2007 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab with a 4 liter engine and 5 speed auto trans, which I owned before buying my Scamp and had no intention of buying a camp trailer at the time. It tows my 13ft Scamp as if it wasn't there.

There are times, though, that I think about having a hitch installed on my C5 Corvette. It certainly wouldn't lack for power.

Harold
What if you're all grown up? Like shoes, (another kind of Toe Vehicle?) you should just buy good ones that fit. I never did like to stuff socks in the toes of my shoes, waiting to grow into them(threefootitis?).

I too have a Ranger 4.0L Reg cab 5SPD manual which I owned for years before buying my '04 Scamp13D.
There are times when I think about putting a hitch on my SN95 Mustang Convertible, no lack of power and... What a sweet combo!
Old 12-13-2018, 04:28 PM   #84

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
What if you're all grown up? Like shoes, you should just buy good ones that fit.
I too have a Ranger 4.0L Reg cab 5SPD manual which I owned for years before buying my '04 Scamp13D.
There are times when I think about putting a hitch on my SN95 Mustang Convertible, no lack of power and... What a sweet combo!
That's certainly true about shoes, and clothing, and maybe some other stuff. The advice here to get a tow vehicle with more capacity than a Scamp 13 requires in case you get a larger trailer at a later date dovetails with getting something you can "grow into".

A convertible eh? I imagine there's nothing like Scamping around with the top down and the wind blowing in your hair. (For those who have hair.)

Harold
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:59 PM   #85

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Harold View Post
That's certainly true about shoes, and clothing, and maybe some other stuff. The advice here to get a tow vehicle with more capacity than a Scamp 13 requires in case you get a larger trailer at a later date dovetails with getting something you can "grow into".

A convertible eh? I imagine there's nothing like Scamping around with the top down and the wind blowing in your hair. (For those who have hair.)

Harold
I understand your point, but I meant "all grown up" metaphorically too, meaning there is no more "growing" to do once you're satisfied with the size trailer you have.
Of course, if you're not sure...