Night time towing - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #61

Name: Sean
Trailer: Bigfoot
Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I ordered mine from Toyota but the dealer said there is a unknown freeze on the factory fog lights for now so the dealer order these instead and they installed them.
Just a note on that. The factory ones are the PIAA that the dealer installed. Not too certain on the 2013 FJs but on my 07 those are listed as driving lights and should only be on with the high beams. I should re read my manual.

If you want even more light, there is a circuit for "off road" lights that mount on the roof rack.

The 2013s have come along way since my 07.
Orcus79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #62

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
LOL - small screen texting for sure Floyd.

As I am sure you realized is what I meant to say was the dash lights are just as they would be if your headlights were not "ON"! LOL Pretty darn dark & only a few items are dimly readable. Forget about trying to change a radio station or adjust the ac or heat LOL at least on both my cars thats the case - only the US purchased Subaru has an idiot light all bright telling me the DRL's are on. After owning the car for several years it still causes me to look at it more frequently than I should admit, as I want to make sure its not a different warning light telling me of a problem.

Cant say I have noticed over the years an increase in people driving on highways at night without all their lights on. Also dont think I have seen it any more in Canada where DRL are the norm vs while driving in the US where they are not the norm. I see people without all their lights on far more frequently when driving in the city than I do on the highway -always have & suspect that is due to the increased street lighting as people don't notice as fast that their dash is dim.

As far as whether or not DRL's work at reducing crashes here is a link to findings of various studies on the topic. It appears most agree they do work.
There was a study done in 2004 which determined that
"Suicide rates are linked to the amount of country&western music played on the radio"...
I guess crossover tunes only make you mildly depressed!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #63

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
"Suicide rates are linked to the amount of country&western music played on the radio"...
An important documentary (excerpt below) found it's also a direct cause of Alien Heads Exploding- but it has to have yodeling to hurt that hard.

Francesca

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #64

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
It's interesting how this thread started with driving lights and has ended up with this!

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #65

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I guess crossover tunes only make you mildly depressed!
ROFL - gezzz your scaring me Floyd. Think I might have to sell my tickets to the 3 day country music fest and camping at the Columbia Gorge this summer or pick up some anti depressants off the internet before I go!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #66

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
ROFL - gezzz your scaring me Floyd. Think I might have to sell my tickets to the 3 day country music fest and camping at the Columbia Gorge this summer or pick up some anti depressants off the internet before I go!
You know what has 200 feet and only 10 teeth?
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote