Nissan Frontier/Escape 5.0TA Hitch? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2015, 03:18 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: Escape Trailers
Massachusetts
Nissan Frontier/Escape 5.0TA Hitch?

We are in the process of buying a 2014 Escape 5.0TA. What make and model hitch do you recommend for a Nissan Frontier?

Thanks
Stretcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Just go here and order the hitch that bolts directly to your truck.
2014 Nissan Frontier Trailer Hitch | etrailer.com

When I installed the hitch on our 2012 Frontier Crew Cab, it took less than an hour and I did it alone. The hitch is custom made for the vehicle and even comes with the bolts to bolt it to your frame that has the nuts already welded on.

I did have to order a wiring system that i stalled multiple relays behind the front passenger right kick pannel to already installed wiring. It also came with a wiring harnis to plug into existing wiring back at the hitch location.

Ask E Trailer what you will need.

I i stalled a 2 inch receiver.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:20 AM   #3

Name: Leonard
Trailer: not yet
California
I think stretcher was inquiring about a fifth wheel type hitch as the trailer he's getting is such.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:38 AM   #4

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
David-
I would check with eTrailer or look at their website. If you already have rails in the bed of your truck for the Scamp 19 hitch (made by Reese), and 5th wheel hitch from any manufacturer should fit as the rails are made to industry standards. Reese does make a conventional 5th wheel "head" that will fit the basic framework of the Scamp hitch, but it holds the king pin with a sliding bar, rather than jaws which surround the king pin. I am replacing my Scamp 19 with an Escape 5.0TA and opted for a Curt 16K hitch. If I recall, it was $429 w/free shipping from eTrailer and as stated above, it fits perfectly in the existing truck bed rails.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:27 AM   #5

Name: joe
Trailer: burro 1982
Tennessee
Hi Strecher. What size engine do you have in your frontier? I have a 2014 frontier king cab with a 2.5 4 cy. I plan to pull a 13 ft 1982 burro. I hope that I have enough power.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:02 AM   #6

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
My bad on not realizing it is for a 5-R. You will still need the wiring accessories and so look around on the internet for the package. I bought mine off the internet, not from Nissan.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #7

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin Maring View Post
My bad on not realizing it is for a 5-R. You will still need the wiring accessories and so look around on the internet for the package. I bought mine off the internet, not from Nissan.
If you need to add a 7 pin, you might consider an in the bed connection, easier to get to. I have both and use the in bed one. It's a 90 degree in the side wall.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:12 PM   #8

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin00 View Post
If you need to add a 7 pin, you might consider an in the bed connection, easier to get to. I have both and use the in bed one. It's a 90 degree in the side wall.

I would think that the OP already is wired. If you read his profile, he currently has a Scamp 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 02-19-2015, 12:24 AM   #9

Name: Alan
Trailer: Escape
British Columbia
What model Fronty are you considering or do you already have one. I tow my 5.0 with a crewcab model the reason being I need passenger capability, but I never carry passengers other than my wife if I'm towing the trailer. As far as I can figure I am within 100 lbs of the max weight the truck can carry. I know someone who has has put 50,000 plus miles on his rig with this combination, he has the 5.0ta now and is still putting on the miles. Personally I would get the King Cab model and get an extra 200 lbs. to play with. You don't need a real heavy duty hitch because the trailer is so light, the smallest and lightest we could find was the reese 15k. I would consider a slider though it could help you out in tight parking situations. Good luck in what ever you choose to do.
Not so Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:53 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretcher View Post
We are in the process of buying a 2014 Escape 5.0TA. What make and model hitch do you recommend for a Nissan Frontier?

Thanks
What year is your Nissan Frontier, we're a dealer for Curt. I could get a price for you, if we have a trailer hitch available for your truck.

Tony @ 1aauto.com
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape