I took the Tril over to the local axle
place and got the right guy! The owner said he couldn't the original electric brakes
. I just went looking through his inventory and saw what looked like would fit- it did! (He has a hurt back and couldn't get up to help, that's how I got to rummage through his stuff).
So, his top guy (you know, the one that does everything but own the place), started helping me and he made sure everything would fit. He greased the new bearings. I almost didn't have to get dirty. So, here's the fitting of the brakes
and a little commentary. I still need to run the wires from the brakes
to the 7-plug.
First up- the old rotor and the 4-hole plate that you bolt your new brakes to. If you have this plate, you can have electric brakes. The bolt holes are 2 7/8" center to center.
Next, the new brakes -front and rear sides along with the new hubs -front and rear. It doesn't matter which wire is positive or negative when you hook them up. Just be sure you have a good ground. From my experience, the ground is the first thing to check when you have electric problems.
And the finished newly installed electric brakes! Also, one tip the guy gave me about the washers that go under the castle nut (the nut that holds the hub on). Save your old washer. It is smaller than the one that came with the new brakes. It fits like it should.
I think the hardest part of the job so far was getting the new grease/dust cap on.
I'm almost done with this thread. I still have to report on how the Tekonsha P3 works. That may be as late as next weekend. After taking off a week from work, I'll be busy with it next week. See you with a final report - soon!