Parkliner made 03/2018 weight - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2018, 04:26 PM   #1

Name: Ethan
Trailer: 2019 Parkliner
New York
Parkliner made 03/2018 weight

New parkliner. 2 propane tanks full. 2 batteries. full fresh water tank.empty gray and black water tanks. weight 3,120 lbs.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:57 AM   #2

Name: dave
Trailer: no longer looking at Parkliner,04 Honda Odyssey
Pennsylvania
Tongue weight

Not too bad Ethan especially with 2 tanks and batts. Did you get the tongue weight? What are you towing with?
flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #3

New York
I think the tongue weight was 364 lbs. at 16 inch of height . tow vehicle is 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. Bigger tow vehicle in our future.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:57 AM   #4

New York
Parkliner tires rub

After a nice trip west I found tire rubbing marks inside front fenders. Some side wall marks too. Had a nice visit with my RV dealer. We decided a lift kit might help. I said I would install myself. So he had Dexter, the company that supply axles to Parkliner send a Space Frame Kit. K71-707-01. It appears to help. But I felt a little sway to me.so I installed a sway bar. After sway bar was adjusted it felt very good. I have photos , but can not understand how to upload. Sorry. 2019 Parkliner made 2018 Something to check?
Old 10-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #5

Name: Kathie
Trailer: Liberty Outdoors
Wisconsin
Lift kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
After a nice trip west I found tire rubbing marks inside front fenders. Some side wall marks too. Had a nice visit with my RV dealer. We decided a lift kit might help. I said I would install myself. So he had Dexter, the company that supply axles to Parkliner send a Space Frame Kit. K71-707-01. It appears to help. But I felt a little sway to me.so I installed a sway bar. After sway bar was adjusted it felt very good. I have photos , but can not understand how to upload. Sorry. 2019 Parkliner made 2018 Something to check?
Keep us updated on how the lift kit does over time. I would like to install one to get better clearance when I decide to go off road to boondock. Thank you for sharing
Ktytravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #6

New York
lift kit

We did go camping after lift kit was installed. There was no rubbing,and I gave it a good work out on rough park roads. I do not think this trailer is a real off road trailer. If you want more info on our trailer, click my name, see what I have posted. Did remove microwave and put nut rivets where they used wood screws. It was jumping around in the cabinet. Hope you enjoy your new trailer!
Old 10-20-2019, 04:42 PM   #7

Name: Kathie
Trailer: Liberty Outdoors
Wisconsin
Quote:
We did go camping after lift kit was installed. There was no rubbing,and I gave it a good work out on rough park roads. I do not think this trailer is a real off road trailer. If you want more info on our trailer, click my name, see what I have posted. Did remove microwave and put nut rivets where they used wood screws. It was jumping around in the cabinet. Hope you enjoy your new trailer!
I will do that! thanks
Ktytravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:28 AM   #8

New York
Tire rubbing

Some before lift and after pics
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1473.jpg   IMG_1606.jpg  

IMG_1601.jpg   IMG_1544.jpg  

IMG_1620.jpg   IMG_1600.jpg  

IMG_1618.jpg  
Old 03-29-2020, 05:09 PM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Is the lift kit a bolt on design? Or does it require welding?
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:13 PM   #10

Quote:
How much does the lift kit raise it? Did you adjust the height of your hitch ball?
Sway can be caused by a loose hitch, and by not enough weight on the hitch
Old 03-29-2020, 05:15 PM   #11

New York
It is bolt on . Hope this helps?
Old 03-29-2020, 05:23 PM   #12

Quote:
It is bolt on . Hope this helps?
Yes, I looked it up, Adds 2 5/8 inches. I'll have to check mine for rubbing.
A tire mark or two doesn't concern me, as long as it doesn't damage the fiberglass. You will get some rubbing when a wheel goes over a big enough bump.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #13

New York
It raised body of trailer about 2" . I have had no rubbing know. I installed sway bar after raising body of trailer. Just got back from long trip, trailer felt very nice and stable. It did change hitch height.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:20 PM   #14

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Amazing. A simple bolt-on kit has probably been available for who knows how long, but the original Parkliner builder couldn't come up with any better solution than to downsize the tires. Sheesh.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:52 AM   #15

New York
few more things Parkliner

Well our bathroom door almost fell out. There are set screws with small square heads that hold hinges in place. They had loosened up during trip. They are top and bottom of door very close to hinges. Recommend check to see if they are still tight. Fridge flange broke,left bottom corner. Fridge on that corner was working its way out of cabinet. I found that in Dometic operating instructions,page 5 ,fig.5 two screws were not installed. They help secure fridge to floor. You will see two small holes in sheet metal plate that are part of fridge when you pull outside cover of. Pushed fridge back into place ,ran drill bit though these holes right though fiberglass floor. Added one extra hole too. I used rivets for these. Found another broke wire butt connector under trailer going to brakes. Recommend replacing all butt connectors or soldering them for these trailer brakes. Oh might want to check this out.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #16

Name: Erica
Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Florida
Quote:
Did you install the swaybar to the Parkliner axle or tongue? Which swaybar did you get?
Erica.Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:38 AM   #17

New York
Parkliner sway bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica.Irving View Post
Did you install the swaybar to the Parkliner axle or tongue? Which swaybar did you get?
I used a harbor freight sway bar. It is from tongue to tow hitch. I used JB weld for trailer end of sway bar. Made thick block of metal, and tapped 4 holes for bolts. then follow sway bar directions for placement on trailer end of sway bar. Sanded area following JB weld directions. Used JB weld and clamped over night. I did this because I did not want to have 4 holes in trailer tongue. Did not want to remove things that might burn while welding. Many just bolt to trailer tongue, or weld this end. On hitch end, bought steel plate that is held in place by hitch tailer ball. This plate is where you mount a ball for the other end of sway bar.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:42 PM   #18

Florida
Parkliner Bunkbed

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for the info on the sway bar. I already ordered the Dexter lift kit. We just got a 2019 Parkliner this week. Unfortunately, our bunk bed is incomplete. Do you have the bunk bed for yours? If you do, are you willing to sell it or make sketches with measurements for us?
Old 11-08-2020, 05:01 AM   #19

New York
Parkliner Bunkbed

There is a different set of parts for the double wall Parkliner. We do have the bunkbed parts,never have set it up. Not really wanting to sell it. But will try to help. Can you let me know what part your trailer is missing .
Old 11-08-2020, 08:20 AM   #20

Florida
This is the only wood portion we got for the bunk. Two pictures of the one part.
Attached Thumbnails
AA8177DC-2FF7-47AC-A930-ACAD0224A031.jpg   36EA2E56-AF25-404B-B566-026EF14BCE23.jpeg  

Tags
parkliner, weight