Real Weight of 2016 Scamp 13 Std. Layout 2 and Option Ideas if placing Factory Order - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-08-2016, 08:22 PM   #15

Name: Carlotta
Trailer: Scamp 13
Rhode Island
Hi, I just joined and this thread has been so helpful! I got my scamp 13 delivered last July because I was worried about towing first time such a long way and also because my dogs were having mobility issues getting in and out of my jeep. I just traded that for a minivan. They can get in and out easily now and it has a higher towing capacity. My scamp has the bathroom and the Roof AC and the awning and I'd just assumed it weighed around 1300 pounds. I know, 'assumed'! Thank you for this very helpful information. I guess I better go get mine weighed.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #16

Name: Ann
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13'
Washington
Hi Carlotta! It's nice that the Scamp 13' is a short step up for many dogs. My dog used a ramp for the past year to get in and out of the RAV4, but happily jumped into the Scamp on her own! Hope you make many happy Scamping memories.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:41 AM   #17

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13' front bath
California
Hi, Ladies:

I'll be picking up my standard Scamp 13 next month. It will be loaded as Carlotta's is with AC, awning and front bath. I spoke with David Smith of Scamps, and he indicates the dry weight will be 1600 lbs. and tongue weight will be 170 lbs. Have fun!
Old 04-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #18

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by robt-the-red View Post
Hi, Ladies:

I'll be picking up my standard Scamp 13 next month. It will be loaded as Carlotta's is with AC, awning and front bath. I spoke with David Smith of Scamps, and he indicates the dry weight will be 1600 lbs. and tongue weight will be 170 lbs. Have fun!
Congrats on your new Scamp. Even money that the weights quoted you are off by a reasonable amount. Weigh it for yourself on the way home from Backus. Then, weigh it again when loaded with your gear. You might see that to which I refer as the factory understating the weight.

But anyhow, enjoy and take care.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #19

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Trailer Weights...

If you haven't weighed it yet this is a good place to start. Trailer Weights in the Real World

Knowing what mine without bath and AC I think your weight would be much closer to 2,000lbs than 1300lbs.

Mine weighs around 1700 lbs loaded for camping.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:08 AM   #20

Name: Ann
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13'
Washington
Update to Post #1

In Post #1 of this thread I commented on the clothes rod in the closet of the 13'. Today I found out the rod is not a structural piece; so if you want one less thru-hull rivet in your new SCAMP, ask that the clothes rod not be installed.

Tags
scamp, weight