Recommended Hitch for New Bigfoot - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-10-2019, 07:38 PM   #29

Name: Robert
Trailer: In the market for a "clam shell" fiberglass travel trailer
Maine
No, I did not order this one. The dealer apparently ordered it for his inventory and he just got it in earlier this week. It has the following options: A/C, TV antenna, privacy curtain, roll away shower door,shower skylight, Windswept color interior. I like that it is not "loaded" as I would rather add things myself as I determine that I want or need them.

Bob in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:26 PM   #30

Name: alan
Trailer: looking
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Maine View Post
The dealer, Trailer World Denver, says that they will have the proper size Equalizer there for me to evaluate and consider as an alternative to the Fastway, but that the Equalizer would cost $300 more installed! They say they sell more Bigfoots than any other dealer in the U.S. and that nearly every Bigfoot they sell is sold with the Fastway e2 hitch and that they have used these for years now with zero negative feedback.

If memory serves me correctly (at my age who knows?? not me!!) Boardman RV was the Bigfoot dealer in Colorado until 2 or 3 years ago. Both what they say about their hitches and their Bigfoot sales may well be true. I really know nothing positive or negative about them. All that I am saying is that I think that they haven't been in the Bigfoot business too long.

minke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:42 PM   #31

Name: Elliott
Trailer: 2017 19' Escape
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Maine View Post
Good video explaining how the e2 hitch works: https://www.fastwaytrailer.com/e2-hitch
Wow. Every scene in there with a chain-style hitch is like watching the incompetent "before" people in an infomercial. I like the idea of not needing to disconnect the sway bar to reverse. Not so sure about their claim that normal swaybars can't be used in the rain, though.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #32

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Bob, something you might consider. Easy to install. This is the one I have on my trailer. Currently $227 on Amazon with free Prime shipping. A godsend. Getting too old to enjoy hand cranking....lol.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...4&&FORM=VRDGAR

A better video...…

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7KxBonnZhvo?rel=0
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:16 PM   #33

Name: Robert
Trailer: In the market for a "clam shell" fiberglass travel trailer
Maine
Dan, It is my understanding that all Bigfoot trailers now come equipped with power jacks as standard equipment. Their website is confusing and poorly maintained, but look at the "standard equipment" page.

Bob in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, eco