Recommended tow vehicle? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #21

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Unhappy

ugh, math! we do litres and kilometres, and even when it's miles, it's imperial gallons, so it's a bit of struggle _ high school math was a looooo0ooong time ago. But we get about 20 per imperial gallon, 18 with the trailer. I guess whack about 10 per cent off that for u.s gallons. But the interstates are about another 10 per cent. Left to my own devices, I do a pretty steady 55 mph, but Itraffic will bump that up.
If I had a choice I'd keep the stick and lose the 4wd, but that's what I need for work, so we'll live with it for now. If I retire, who knows . . . .
We also have the extra cab truck and that's something I would not be without, that and the canopy make camping a treat.
Good luck with your hunt, Bud.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

Rich,

Now that you are a member of the RV fraternity/sorority, I would recommend joining a local RV club.

We belong to the Good Sam Hitch 'N Goes out of Auburn WA. What we do is have one meeting and one Mon-Fri camping outing per month.

I always say if you want to do something, join other people who are doing it. When we had a sailboat, we belonged to a sailing club. When I bowled, I belonged to a bowling league.

FGRV is a great website and does have some get togethers, but to go out on a regular basis, join a club. Besides then you can lord it over all those owners of bulge trailers:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_3179__Small_.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	27890

Enjoy your new trailer.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #23

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Arrow

Quote:
New towels for the trailer?

Now that's what I call [b]thinking outside the gift wrap.
I got towels for my birthday some time ago... They bypassed the house and went directly to the trailer!
Attached Thumbnails
Inside_Bath.jpg