Remove drawbar - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #15

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry

Old 11-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #16

Trailer: 94 Casita 16 ft
I love living in a redneck area. If you drive your truck WITHOUT a ball, they pull you over cuz if you ain't towin yer boat to go fishin, or your camper to go huntin, or yer snowmachine, you MUST be up to something. lol

Legal? I don't know, and I likely won't worry until I get stopped. The stinger is hardly ever in place on my pickup, and only on our Explorer when the Casita's attached.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #17

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Quote:
Its true! some politicians really have nothing else to do!
If you stop and think about it, most politicians are powerless to do anything except make or repeal laws AND vote on budgets -- When one complains to one's elected representative, one risks having new law made.

When crime goes up because the laws can't be enforced, the politicians respond with new laws that can't be enforced.

Doug, the factory hitch on the Mitsu is NOT a bumper hitch -- It's more like the Euro style -- The ball plate bolts to the vertical surface of the frame-connected hitch with four bolts -- Doesn't stick out very far and would be tedious to remove compared to conventional ballmount/drawbar.

What does the Province do about reinforced step bumpers with a hole for a ball? My '98 Ranger came from the factory that way -- Rated for at least 2,000 lbs -- I installed a Class 3 receiver because it's sturdier and more flexible.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #18

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Quote:
What does the Province do about reinforced step bumpers with a hole for a ball? My '98 Ranger came from the factory that way -- Rated for at least 2,000 lbs -- I installed a Class 3 receiver because it's sturdier and more flexible.
The province PROBABLY does nothing about these bumper hitches unless/untill the 'right' officer of the law, or Dept. of Transportation officer decides to make an issue of the thing. I'm told its now illegal because of increasing safety issues with towing something much heavier than the assembly is designed to do. I know ....this same thing can be done with any receiver type hitch too!!!!! When I had my Mazda pickup, I used to have a bumper hitch on it (for towing light weight utility trailers) untill we bought the Trillium. At that point we decided (for safety sake) to install a proper receiver hitch. On our '06 Dakota pickup, we ordered it with the trailer tow package. This package also included a plug to fill the hole in the stock factory bumper.