Removing The Third-Row Seat in an Odyssey - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
On our most recent trip we discovered both the trailer and the entire rig were at or above the desired weigh limits. This also resulted in some unusual wear on our Odyssey rear tires (subject of another thread). So we are in the process of stripping all extras out of the Casita, and are re-thinking what we really need to take. (Wheel for jack - never used - out it goes!)

As part of this, I removed the third-row seat in our 2007 Odyssey EX today. This seat weighs 113#. I have posted the procedure and pictures for doing this here: http://www.odysseyownersclub.com/forums/sh...p=1670#post1670

This is a relatively easy removal (except for dealing with a 113# large bulky object), and probably took me about 30 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Third_Row_Seat_Removal_19.jpg  
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Steve

We kept the rear seat in and removed the 2 big bulky chairs. We fold the rear seat down when we travel and load the van.. At camp, we put the seat back up and we can take friends with us.

It works better for us and I believe the two middle seats weigh more than the one rear seat. We also have the Odyssey, and we watch the weight carefully. I actually love to sit in the rear seat when we have friends ride with us.. The gals can chat in the rear- the guys can chat in front.

One other thing that you will notice too - with the seat folded down (or in your case) taken out - I can back the Odyssey right up so Jim can hook up - one try. No more yelling.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #3

Trailer: Trail Michigante
Quote:
...are re-thinking what we really need to take. (Wheel for jack - never used - out it goes!)
Some day you may regret not having that wheel.

Twice I've ended up down a narrow dead-end with no way of turning around. In both instances I simply put the wheel on the jack, unhitched, spun our lil fiberglass wonder 180-degrees, rehitched and drove off.
Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote