Replacement Tongue Jack for Scamp 13 Deluxe 2016 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #15
Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Keep in mind ....
And a few kids on the bunks might add 100 lbs, and lower the front as far as possible to then raise it for taking weight off the torsion axle will transfer weight to the tongue, and etc... Lots of reasons for the jack to be rated much higher than static tongue weight on level ground. But I still think it would be about impossible to find one under-rated. Lightest I see online now is a 1,000 lb rating. Heck, even my 1500 lb GVWRed utility trailer came with a 2,000 jack

gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:41 PM   #16
Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp
As to the weight rating I set the rear stabilizers for what I hope will be level with the tongue down a little and after I have adjusted the rear I raise the front with the jack to load the rear stabilizers.
So a greater rating on the jack comes into good use.
I like the fact that I can hitch the trailer and pull the locking pin and raise the whole jack shaft for clearance.
I remove the wheel and put it in the rear of the wagon (after pouring out the rain water collected in the top).
Luckily the read deck lid clears the raised shaft so I don't have to completely remove it.

redbarron55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:21 PM   #17
Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
I too have installed the "Ultimate Jack" on my old Scamp and have been very pleased. It took some fabrication to mount it on the tongue of my older unit but it has been well worth it. BTW, I got my Ultimate Jack at Tractor Supply on sale for under $50. If it is not on sale they send out 10% off coupons pretty regularly as well.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:58 PM   #18
Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4
SW Florida
I wonder why Ultimate Jack is not offered by trailer manufactures as an option. I replaced the factory installed jack with Ultimate jack on my Scamp shortly after purchase.

sokhapkin is offline   Reply With Quote