Ridgelines - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
From a Honda guy that has had nine Honda's over the past 20 years and two have been Ridgline's. The first RL was a 2008, excellent vehicle, but what I would call having poor fuel mileage for today's vehicles, 20 hwy and 14-15 in town. Now for my new 2017 RL AWD, much better designed vehicle all the way around, all the way from the larger bed, electronics, and the ride. 26.0 mpg highway and 22.0 in town, average pulling my 2018 17 Casita is 16.3 to 18.8 on the road. I do not use a WDH or the swaybar and the RL pulls like it's not back there, we are talking within reason here. The rear of the truck will set down 1" with the trailer hooked up and both the truck and trailer are riding level going down the road. The RL will also give you a ride that does not feel like you are in a pickup, total luxury at it best. One thing I would suggest is don't go to the the Honda dealer and ask them anything about pulling a trailer with the RL, they a clueless about it, this is probably a turnoff for buyers when all they want is answers to there questions. Probably the best place for your RL pulling question is on the Honda Ridgeline Forum.

Just one last thing, all Ridgeline's are the same vehicle, that is, all drive trains, transmissions, suspension, etc., only differences are in the trim and electronic, just as long as the get the AWD model.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:53 PM   #22

Name: MARK
Trailer: SUNTREK
Ontario
My dealership called me last month to see if I wanted to sell them my 2014 RL. I think that’s a good indicator of how much they are in demand. No vehicle is perfect in every way for everyone, but My RL has made me very happy.
Delmitch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmitch2 View Post
My dealership called me last month to see if I wanted to sell them my 2014 RL. I think that’s a good indicator of how much they are in demand. No vehicle is perfect in every way for everyone, but My RL has made me very happy.
What they were really doing is trying to sell you a new vehicle. My RAV4 is also in heavy demand.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #24

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Mark-up on used vehicles is typically higher than new. The used lot is a profit machine for dealers. So of course they want your in-demand used vehicle. They'll entice you with statements like "25% over book value." Then watch how they rack up the reconditioning deductions for the final offer, probably well below wholesale. By the time you see that number, they're hoping you've already got your heart set on something bright and shiny in the showroom.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:24 AM   #25

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
I've *NEVER* bought a used vehicle off a dealer lot, always private party. Now, true, the 2002 F250 diesel I just bought, the seller was in fact a used car broker, but this was his personal business vehicle, he'd owned it for 8 years, and used it to tow cars he bought at auctions for resale, so thats not really the same as buying 'from a dealer'. the fact that he was a licensed dealer did make the paperwork a little simpler, he handled the registration and licensing and taxes.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:19 AM   #26
Mcm

Name: MCM
Trailer: Currently shopping
New York
Thanks for all the positive feedback and specs on the Ridgeline, this forum is so helpful. Looking forward to finding one asap.
Mcm is offline   Reply With Quote