Scamp towing problems with Toyota Tacoma pickup - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #15
Trailer: 2008 16 ft Scamp
I would like to thank everyone for your thoughtful postings. You have all been very helpful. I no longer have the Toyota but a different vehicle.

Doris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #16
Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
That's OK, we all learn from these kinds of posts. I now know something I didn't before about Toyota wiring.

Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #17
Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe
I tried to use the same #37595 7 blade to 7 pin adapter, also purchased from Northern, and found it is not compatible with the wiring scheme on a 1994 Scamp 5er. If I recall correctly the tow vehicle aux power was connected to a Scamp tail light, and one of the turn signals was connected to the Scamp running lights. I'm not sure what would have happened if I would have pressed the brakes!

Rather than trying to figure out which wires were crossed, I just cut off the 7 pin plug that was on the Scamp and installed a standard 7 blade plug. The adapter went back to Northern.

Wow! My first MFROG post!
Pat J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #18
Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Way to go, Pat. You've been hanging out here for a year, so nobody can say you posted without first figuring out what we're all about!

(And a belated welcome!)

Mary F Fiberglass Rules!
FGRV Forum Custom Search
Mary F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #19
Trailer: 2008 16 ft Scamp
Now that I have a different vehicle I am afraid to tow my scamp. The Chevy dealer where I bought the 08 Silverado said to drop by with the Scamp and they would put a new electrical hook up on it that would work.

I called the Scamp dealership yesterday and they said that I may have a short in the Scamp now. Could that have happened just by hooking up the wrong stuff to my Toyota Tacoma when towing it home? I know that it was after I towed it that I had all the problems with it which I now understand that I should have bought a unit from the Toyota dealer to tow the Scamp with.

Does anyone have any suggestions on towing with the Silverado?
Doris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #20
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
If the Silverado is tow ready (i.e. has hitch receiver and 7-wire plug at back bumper) all you need is the adapter cable for you brake controller and a fuse.

If it has no hitch receiver that you have to add one.

If it does not have the 7-wire plug then Chevrolet has an adapter that plugs into a distribution panel under near the rear wheel well. Then you have to add the fuse to the fuse box on the left side under the hood.
CD and Joyce Smith - Lily, Violet, and Rose
1999 Casita 17' SD - "The Little Egg"
2007 Escalade - 6.2L V8 - 6L80E Trans - 3.42 Diff
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:40 AM   #21
Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"

Now you know the reason for the sign:

A charter member of the Buffalo Plaid Brigade!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:58 AM   #22
Name: Yvon
Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft 1992
I work in mecanic shop
I check the wiring diagram of yout truck and for the shift interlock system you have 4 fuses , one in engine compartment a 3 others on inside fuse pannel
Check fuse !!!!!!!!!!!!
If if find a blow fuse replace it
if it blow again your have a problem, shrt on your harness or connection at bad place

Yvon Chayer

Yvon Chayer is offline   Reply With Quote