" Search Illiterate" Can't find weight for Boler 15' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #1

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Okay I know this topic has been covered many times but for what ever reason I can't actually find the answer to my question using the Search Option.....What is the weight of a 1976 15' Boler?
Thanks for any info you can provide me!

Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Emily, The best way to know the actual weight of a specific trailer is to actually weight it. So many times weights are stated as something by the manufacture and a seller when actually it weights something all together different. If your looking at a particular trailer I would just ask the seller to have it weighted. Tell them you will pay for it. Cost in my area was $8, but shouldn't be that much to weight it, then you know for sure............................... Best of Luck!

Some may be able to help give you a general idea, but again this trailer may be all together a different weight.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #3

Emily, I had another thought that will help explain what I mean about trailers of the same make weighting in differently, here's a link to a topic from the Oregon Rally where Frederick is kind enough to weight all those who dare to get on the scales...................................... Anyway you may find some info that will help guesstamate. But also see that no matter what the stated weight is, it dosen't mean that what it weights. Fredericks weight in
Old 10-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #4

Registry
Thanks for the info and link....I will get them to weigh it for me!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Boy, you are not kidding about each trailer being different! I noticed that the 3 Perris Pacers that have been weighed ranged from 1100 to 1750! Yikes! Of course, that was the difference between mods and "stuff" taken!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #6

Vicky, If I am of the correct understanding ( if I am wrong someone please clarify!) the manufactures weight is before fridges, heaters, air conditioners, etc............... so even off the production floor a trailer can weight more than the stated weight, depending on the amenities added. It's frightening that people will accept a figure as gospel. I hate the Used, For Sale ad's that say "less than 900 pounds can be towed with a 4 banger". I just cringe everytime I see that claim. Then people stuff in all their camping gear without a thought of what it all weights.......................................... This is not only true with trailers but I have seen many an over weight Big Rig as well. My BIL just bought a new Stickie that of course the rv sales person told him it was this weight ( we had already discussed that it weighted more than what his truck should be pulling, by my estimates) but the dumb-a$$ bought it anyway. Well after his first trip, he parked it (brand new) until he can get a truck that would be more appropriatete to pull it. (HELLO, I told you it was tooooooooooooooo big for your truck!!!!!!!!!!!!! but don't flippen listen to me, cause I am a women, idiot! )

Thankfully people like Emily stop and think and actually investigate.

Emily, if you have grain or sugar factory near you they probably will weight it for a small fee. Good Luck, let us know what the weight comes in at. Make sure your tanks are empty and get a certificate, here in Colorado I had to have the certificate to regerster (cause I bought out of state).
Old 10-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #7

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Now don't sugar-coat it, Robin - tell us how it really is

I'm just joshin' ya - what you said is all-too-often true, and is very good information.

(I cringe too when I read those ads touting super-light weights, especially since who knows who I'm sharing the highway with).
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Now don't sugar-coat it, Robin - tell us how it really is
Raya, Now your seeing who I really am, LOL.................... I have never been one to sugar coat it! Put's some people off, but better to be told the truth than live in a fantasy land. And what doesn't come out of my mouth, you can read in my eyes. I have to be careful how I look at people, cause you can read my thoughts by the look on my face! I certainly don't want to be rude, but an idiot is and idiot in my book! My BIL, get's those looks every once in a while.................................... (male Chauvinst)
Old 10-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
I am allittle confused about the "dry weight". It seems like there may be differing views. The book I purchased "RVing Basics" by Bill and Jan Moeller, says "Dry weight is the weight of the unit without water, propane, and, in the case of motorhomes, engine fuel in the tanks. Wet weight is the weight of the unit with all tanks full (except holding tanks)."

Then, last night, I read (don't remember where it was) ----that dry weight was the trailer's weight with standard options (and of course, empty tanks.). Frankly, until I see the numbers with my own eyes, I'm gonna take the manufacturers and SALES PEOPLE with a grain of salt! So, I hope and pray my PerrisPacer is under 1500!!

As Robin said, if anyone has more info--please clarify! And then, in the end, let's all go weigh our campers!!!

Robin--your BIL should have listened to you!!!! He sure learned an expensive lesson!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #10

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I would say that "dry weight' should be the weight of the complete camper, minus supplies (food, clothing, bedding, hoses, awning), water, and propane.

But I think that in the fiberglass trailer world (with some brands more than others), lightness and "towable by a small car" were/are very good sales tools. As such, I think that sometimes "dry weight" meant the most basic trailer, devoid of 3-way refrigerator, battery, propane tanks, and etc. Meaning, for example, that very few actual 13-ers would be the fabled 995 lbs. on any real-world camping trip.

To me this means that if one is on the edge with towing capacity, there's no way to know for sure but to weigh each individual trailer on a scale; but if one must assume, better to assume on the heavy side (say, 1500# or so for a basic 13-er Boler type). But putting a number on it with a scale is best.

Of course now we're all curious what your Perris Pacer really weighs
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #11

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
We weighed our 72 Boler (supposedly one of the earlier and therefore lighter ones) this year, without furnace, any water or tanks, no front or back cupboards, a fridge, half full 20lb. propane tank, no battery, dishes and food containers, towels and sheets, a front dinette conversion and reinforced tongue. The weight was 1450 lbs. You really have to weigh them to be sure. It is not a problem for our tow vehicles but if you are borderline - weigh it.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #12

Emily, where you able to get it weighted? It would be interesting to know the weight.

Barbara, I love your set up, the car, the egg.............................. sweet! Would love to see inside pic's..... if you wouldn't mind sharing. Thanks Robin
Old 10-21-2009, 10:11 PM   #13

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Robin I think some of these were posted a long time ago, but I'll add a few.
Attached Thumbnails
chev_resized.jpg   front_dinette_resized.jpg  

kitchen_resized.jpg  
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:08 AM   #14

Thank you Barbara! Again, Sweet! I just love it.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:05 AM   #15

Registry
Quote:
Emily, where you able to get it weighted? It would be interesting to know the weight.
I actually haven't gone to see this trailer yet....I found a better deal on a Trillium 1300 which I'm going to check out this weekend.
I'm pretty darn excited.....I'm hoping it turns out to be a winner!

Tags
boler, weighing, weight