Speed - Split from What's your gas mileage? - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #121

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
... I have also ridden on the autobahn where the drivers were visiting with my wife and me while pegging their speedos at 200 & 240 kph (125 & 150 mph). One does get places quickly, but I also understand that Germans have some horrendous crashes.
It's been a couple of decades for me since, but didn't you love the discipline of it?

Pass and move over to the right. Simple. Disciplined. Attentive driving. Everyone makes progress at thier own speed. (Except for the speed limits in sections now due to congestion) And if you didn't, one very quickly had the lights of someone faster coming up in one's rearview to remind you!!
Old 03-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #122

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
180 MPH ticket, ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveAlive View Post
It's been a couple of decades for me since, but didn't you love the discipline of it?

Pass and move over to the right. Simple. Disciplined. Attentive driving. Everyone makes progress at thier own speed. (Except for the speed limits in sections now due to congestion) And if you didn't, one very quickly had the lights of someone faster coming up in one's rearview to remind you!!
I drive often on German freeways but these days heavy traffic results with limited speed posted on overhead digital signs. My personal maximum speed is about 130km/h which is about 80mph. I do like drivers discipline in Germany and other Western countries but not all. When you drive in Switzerland you need to more cautious, tickets are somehow related to either your salary or wealth, ouch. Swedish driver gets world's largest speeding fine after 180mph chase | Mail Online

George.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #123

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
This thread has gone way off topic and disrespectful. It has been suspended for a time out.
Closed Thread