Summary of smaller TVs? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #15
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970/Escape 15A
I thought seriously about getting a manual transmission and actually wanted one but decided to get an automatic becuase we spent more time pulling a boat to nearby boat ramps. The manual Subarus do have a hill holder clutch which does help in those situations however.
My Forester has a manual but no hill holder (came out before that) but I just use the emergency brake which is how I learned to shift on hills in the first place. The manual Forester has a lot more pep than the automatic (my mom has the automatic.)

Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #16
Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
I have posted our satisfaction with the Rav.last year. The Rav is rated at 3400. V6 with towing pkg. We tow a casita SD 16'. We have put on 3000miles towing. From our perspective the Rav is fine up to around 2600lbs loaded. I would not go with more weight or any longer trailer. We can haul at 60mph all day no trouble, no gear searching etc. We have put air bag helper shocks to level trailer. The Rav seems well matched for our trailer and handling is good, we use a single bar stabelizer.and are getting 20mpg towing and 26 to 28mpg without trailer. We had a Chevy Tahoe v8 which was over kill and with 14mpgtowing and 15mpg the rest of the time it didn't make sense. The real problem was the repairs of 500 to 600 dollars a year on the Tahoe. Very satisfied with the Rav. after 3years.

Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote