Sway Bar - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #15

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
Quote:
I guess I'm lucky, I've never had a sign of sway in the 2500 miles we have on our trailer without a sway bar. following the advice from the factory when we bought it last year, I planned on adding a bar if sway was ever noticed, but nothing yet.
Sway bars is a touchy subject as some like it and some don't. Try an emergency maneuver in a safe place at a safe speed to not loose control. Simulate a child running out from between two parked cars chasing a ball and swerve hard to the left and see how the trailer responds...... then try that same test with a sway bar and trailer loaded correctly (10% rule) and see if there is a difference to you. I tow with a full size Ram and a full size van after i did that test and i use a sway bar and watch my tongue weight..... no WDH
Joe

Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #16

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
I guess I'm lucky, I've never had a sign of sway in the 2500 miles we have on our trailer without a sway bar. following the advice from the factory when we bought it last year, I planned on adding a bar if sway was ever noticed, but nothing yet.
Ray;
Stock tires and brakes on your tow vehicle are just fine and you may not see a hint of a problem,Upgrade them and you will see a WOW factor of which you were unaware before the change.
A friction sway control is ideally like that. You don't need one to be safe.
If you did have a sway problem, it should be fixed before adding a friction sway control supplement.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #17

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Sounds like a smart move! Hope we'll see you & Carol in Townsend next year & we can check out the new tow vehicle. Happy trails!
Sandra
Sandra,

We were sad to give up on the Subaru, but just think of all the extra stuff we can drag along now! See you in TN.

Parker
Old 07-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #18

Trailer: Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Sandra,

We were sad to give up on the Subaru, but just think of all the extra stuff we can drag along now! See you in TN.

Parker
Parker,

My name is Peter and I am a new member. This is a slightly different topic but I was intrigued. I have an '09 6 cylinder Outback which I love (second Outback for me). I have just ordered a Scamp 13 dlx. I am just curious how the Outback towed and did you add anything special other than the friction sway control? I have had a discussion with the service manager at my dealership and he says nothing is needed as long as I stay within the weight limits. Anyway, would love to hear your experience.

Regards,
Peter