Old 05-14-2016, 08:36 PM   #253

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBreez View Post
2015 Casita 17 SD
2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 4.7 V8 (tow pkg)
I don't obsess over the mileage - 14-17? I drive faster when not towing so it's probably not much different either way. As they say, ymmv.
Thanks. Do you mean anywhere from 14 to 17 when towing? Or 14 towing and 17 not towing?

Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 05:08 AM   #254

Name: Jim
Trailer: Casita
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Thanks. Do you mean anywhere from 14 to 17 when towing? Or 14 towing and 17 not towing?
Mike,
I've only had the trailer for two months and haven't checked the mileage when towing. That said, based on range, there's little difference in range based on my driving habits - 60-65 mph towing, 75-80 without. Also, I haven't yet taken it out of the Florida Flatlands. I expect different results when crossing the Front Range in a headwind.

So many variables make ad hoc mileage comparisons very iffy.

Subjectively, very happy with performance of the Tundra as a TV.

Tires: Goodyear Marathon 15" D-range
Brake controller: Hopkins Insight (self-installed)
Also have friction anti-sway but it tows the same without it.
Not using WDH.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:15 PM   #255

Name: Zach
Trailer: 91 Bigfoot 17
Montana
Registry
1991 Bigfoot 17
1998 Toyota Tacoma 4wd 3.4L V6 5 speed manual
19mpg hwy not towing
14mpg hwy towing

My trailer doesn't have AC, microwave, or TV. Does have a full wet bath and oven.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:34 AM   #256

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
Nitro + BF

2007 Nitro 4x4 3.7L auto
1997 BF 17 CB

loaded weight:
total: 3720kg / 8184lbs
on trailer axle:1470kg / 3234lbs

mileage:
17L per 100k on highway only (14 miles per US gallon...17 per Imp. gallon)
25L per 100k when a lot of off-highway driving is included

(generally speaking...at can. gas prices I figure 25 cents per kilometer if I'm curious about how much the gas cost of a trip is going to be)
Attached Thumbnails
zm.jpg  
Old 05-22-2016, 09:57 PM   #257

Name: Jim
Trailer: Escape 17B
Nevada
2005 Escape 17B
2003 Audi A4 3.0L V6 AWD manual transmission

25 mpg not towing (speed limit)
17 mpg towing (speed limit)

speed limit in these parts on the highways is 70-80.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:25 AM   #258

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
towing

We tow with a Toyota 07 Sequoia SR-5 4.7 L v-8 .
1- 2500 lb Snoozy we get 12-14 towing in Florida about 60-65 mph
2- 5000 lb c-dory boat and trailer 10-12 mpg about 60 mph

Our Question is we are picking up a 21 ft Escape next Fall I was thinking of flying out to Seattle and renting a pickup truck or Van and tow home the 21 Escape has anyone done this ?
Old 05-23-2016, 06:42 AM   #259

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17, purchased from original owners May, 2016
Massachusetts
Tow Vehicle: 2013 Ford Expedition EL
Trailer: 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17

No trips yet, so can't report on mileage. Truck gets pretty lousy mileage anyway (c. 14 mph), so I don't expect it to get better—but maybe not much worse, as Casita is pretty light.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"

Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass

Saturdays 9am - 1pm Eastern • WHRB-FM, 95.3 FM, Cambridge, MA • Streaming at WHRB.org
Mr Lynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:13 PM   #260

Oklahoma
Thanks for the updates.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:59 PM   #261

Oklahoma
I'm bumping this thread back to the top. Just a reminder that this table is a good resource for people who have questions about fuel economy when towing FGRVs. And if you don't see many entries with your particular trailer (we don't have very many Escape 5.0 or Scamp 19' entries, for example), please consider posting your data.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:38 PM   #262

Name: Linda
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
2015 Toyota Highlander
3.5 V6
2005 16' Scamp
??? Towing, 18-24 mpg, EPA rated

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach... - Henry David Thoreau
ljswanson53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:57 AM   #263

Name: David
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Alberta
Mileage

2011 Escape 15A (2016 Escape 19 on order)
Dry 1650# 2000# loaded (est)
250# on hitch (est)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6 V6
6200# Tow rating
600# Hitch rating
26 USMPG not towing
18 USMPG Towing
No WDH, no sway
15" Goodyear Marathon tires

10,000 miles towing with no problems
Old 07-28-2016, 11:36 AM   #264

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Gas Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
2007 Nitro 4x4 3.7L auto
1997 BF 17 CB

loaded weight:
total: 3720kg / 8184lbs
on trailer axle:1470kg / 3234lbs

mileage:
17L per 100k on highway only (14 miles per US gallon...17 per Imp. gallon)
25L per 100k when a lot of off-highway driving is included

(generally speaking...at can. gas prices I figure 25 cents per kilometer if I'm curious about how much the gas cost of a trip is going to be)
:Franswa were in Alberta and Saskatchewan AB prices were 89.9 to 95.9L in the places we traveled filled our 75 gallon tank up at 89.9 verses $1.24.9 Vancouver prices????? what gives, So far SK prices range from 89.9L to 91.9L in Regina and have to fill up MH here as we only have 1/4 tank but if we fill up in Shell we get another 5cents a Litre off so get for 86.9L, It almost makes one move to better gas prices and cheaper homes.
Stude
Old 07-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #265

British Columbia
MPG when not towing or towing

I know ours says Elite MH but no it is not it is a 1999 Rexhall MH (Vision) with V10 when not towing tow'd it gets 12.5mpg Canadian and 10.3mpg US but if towing 2400# Little Kar, it gets around 8.5 mpg which is not to bad for size as our MH is 25.6' and weighs around 7.6 ton loaded. Were happy with what we get as it has way more comforts than the Bigfoot ever had. We drive up front and do not have to get out of the vehicle to walk around and get into the trailer or what ever, we just get up and walk in for a rest from driving, put the coffee on or tea, lay down for a break from dealing with bad drivers, to get the mpg we drive at a steady speed of 56mph if not towing we do 59/61mph and still get good mpg like the 12.5 or 10.3us.
We have a decent sized washroom with good sized shower, but 6 gallons of HW sometimes is tough but I'm used to it now, rinse first then wash then rinse again. Feel like million dollar man after shower.
We also have a 2 door fridge/freezer which is a must, not that pissy little fridge in a Molded trailer. If I had one of those I would remove the stove and install taller Fridge all in one package, then on top raise the 3 burner stove top as lots of room to do it. Even a 2 burner would work for us. Nice part is we have ample storage in the Basement, and under the Queen sized bed along with 60 gallon water tank if not using campground water system. We do Boondock as much as we can as saves $$$ for gas tank.
This year it is my wife's trip as she is doing Genealogy on her family and a bit on mine as they seemed to have crossed paths here and there.
Also I hope all you other folks out there are having a good time this summer and that the weather is cool enough to travel, just talked with a fellow Studebaker member of our group who said it was 109 2 days ago by noon and that yesterday AM was similar temperature in West Virginia, which is way to hot for us, I like 70*F just right so I can sleep, but if plugged in we can turn Rooftop AC on if not we use fan like everyone else and by morning your freezing your buns off.
Stude
Old 07-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #266

British Columbia
I forgot to mention size of Little Kar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
I know ours says Elite MH but no it is not it is a 1999 Rexhall MH (Vision) with V10 when not towing tow'd it gets 12.5mpg Canadian and 10.3mpg US but if towing 2400# Little Kar, it gets around 8.5 mpg which is not to bad for size as our MH is 25.6' and weighs around 7.6 ton loaded. Were happy with what we get as it has way more comforts than the Bigfoot ever had. We drive up front and do not have to get out of the vehicle to walk around and get into the trailer or what ever, we just get up and walk in for a rest from driving, put the coffee on or tea, lay down for a break from dealing with bad drivers, to get the mpg we drive at a steady speed of 56mph if not towing we do 59/61mph and still get good mpg like the 12.5 or 10.3us.
We have a decent sized washroom with good sized shower, but 6 gallons of HW sometimes is tough but I'm used to it now, rinse first then wash then rinse again. Feel like million dollar man after shower.
We also have a 2 door fridge/freezer which is a must, not that pissy little fridge in a Molded trailer. If I had one of those I would remove the stove and install taller Fridge all in one package, then on top raise the 3 burner stove top as lots of room to do it. Even a 2 burner would work for us. Nice part is we have ample storage in the Basement, and under the Queen sized bed along with 60 gallon water tank if not using campground water system. We do Boondock as much as we can as saves $$$ for gas tank.
This year it is my wife's trip as she is doing Genealogy on her family and a bit on mine as they seemed to have crossed paths here and there.
Also I hope all you other folks out there are having a good time this summer and that the weather is cool enough to travel, just talked with a fellow Studebaker member of our group who said it was 109 2 days ago by noon and that yesterday AM was similar temperature in West Virginia, which is way to hot for us, I like 70*F just right so I can sleep, but if plugged in we can turn Rooftop AC on if not we use fan like everyone else and by morning your freezing your buns off.
Stude
: Little Kar is a Suzuki X90 it is 12' long from bumper to bumper, we flat tow it as it is automatic with 4wd which we put auto into park and transfer case into N. Hook up Brake Buddy, remove radio so no one accidently turns on radio but we have now fixed this problem as the Little guys battery is being charged by the MH's two house batteries when on road and the two house batteries are being charged by MH engine as we go down the road. Everything is hunky dory now.
When we decide to upgrade this MH it will be to a Winnebago Vista 29E which is 30'3" long with one slide down the drivers side from just behind the driver to withing 6" of the back corner and one can still move around inside without any problems of the slide in.
We do not stay in one spot much longer than 3-4 days then move on mostly 2 days is our limit that way in the short order of my life span I get to see more before I become a Ghost.
Stude