Towing a Parkliner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #21

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Curisoity and adventure - and in this case a contrived excuse to fabricate something out of PVC - are reasons enough for many of us! And if a problem should accidently happen to get solved along the way, that's just icing on the cake!
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Curiosity and adventure - and in this case a contrived excuse to fabricate something out of PVC - are reasons enough for many of us! And if a problem should accidentally happen to get solved along the way, that's just icing on the cake!
That's the spirit! Red Green would be proud.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #23

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
I too agree that the likelihood of actually seeing an impact with high-def enough information is unlikely... BUT, as others have said, curiosity and silly-PVC-tweaking is OK too especially since we have both live and recording versions of cameras to doodle with : ) and even some PVC from another project!
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #24

Name: elli
Trailer: ordered parkliner
Wyoming
Seems this would be in the interest of the manufacturer to assess and correct the issue before the consumer has to.
Elli
elli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #25

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Hi Elli, Please note that the date of the previous post on this thread (August 26) was nearly three months ago. There has been a LOT of water under the bridge on this topic since then. Just not posted on this thread. But from your other recent posts on other threads, I think you have discovered the jist of what's been going on - or not going on - during the intervening months. Enjoy the forum. Contributors here are brutally honest, which makes their insightful posts very helpful. Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #26

Name: Jane
Trailer: Parkliner
Maryland
Hi Deryk, I know somewhere there is a thread with your info on the Weight Distribution Hitch....but since this is towing I'll ask my question here. What kind of WDH did you get? Do you like it and would recommend it? Any other brand suggestions? My neighbor has one that is top of the line - not sure I need that.

Thank for any help!

Jane
jayteehike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #27

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Hi Jane, this is the one I bought Amazon.com: Camco 48051 RV 600 lbs Eaz-Lift Elite Bent Bar Weight Distributing Hitch with Adjustable Ball Mount and Shank: Automotive

It works fine, I think I should have spent the $400 and got the anderson wdh and anti sway and looks kinda cool.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #28

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
...It works fine, I think I should have spent the $400 and got the anderson wdh and anti sway and looks kinda cool.
Don't second guess yourself Deryk. The WDH you purchased is a very dependable and proven design. It will work well for you with minimal upkeep for many years. The Anderson system is quite new and has no long term experience. Who knows what issues may arise with that system after a few years of use.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #29

New Jersey
Registry
agreed Dave.... but the Anderson unit is sharp looking lol.

Mine does work fine, no issues with it and was cheaper...I did add a harbour freight anti sway bar since it would be good to have and the WDH piece had the setup to add dual ASB's lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 11-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #30

Name: Jane
Trailer: Parkliner
Maryland
Thanks Deryk and Dave for the input!

Deryk, since your anti sway bar is around $30, I'll see about getting one too. Did you have issues before you got it? Or is it just precautionary?

Jane
jayteehike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #31

New Jersey
Registry
Jane, heavy winds is where I tend to feel it. Ive had a few white knuckle experiences on some windy days and it makes me feel more secure...worth the investment.

Alot of people go on about how its not needed that you just need to "balance" your trailer. My tongue weight is above 10% and the storage box on my back is fairly light, my awning, stakes and ropes, 2 25' white hoses and a hatchet...and 2 aluminum adjustable levelers...I use the flat surface of it when camping like an extra table... but my first sway experience happened without the trunk/cargo carrier. It can happen, a heavy side gust and you will feel your trailer move/rock on you.

Tags
parkliner