trailer package.... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #15
Name: Don
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Hey everyone, thank you again for your advice.
I have something may help everyone out that is re-building their camper. As we all know, some parts are hard to come by. We also know the "T" molding on the ceiling of these great campers turns a tan colour and wrinkles. Well, I just talked to the Trillium dealer guy in Calgary, Alberta. If you call:1-403-398-8732... ask for parts, I ordered the new white "T" molding for my camper, for the cost of 117.23.
The young man that helped me was great. He said thay have a lot of older ones waiting to be re-built....and, they can help with most parts needed.

Hope it helps.....Donny55

Donny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #16
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Me suspects that there is more to the reduced towing limit than care and oil changes can compensate for.
My first thoughts go to brakes. That's a moderately heavy car to start with, add 2000 lbs more to stop with and you might run into some shortfall on brakes. There really is a reason for towing weight limits and your insurance company may let you know about that in the event of an accident when towing, by refusing your claim. It has happened in the U.S., I am sure it can happen in Canada.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #17
Name: Gabi&Wolf
Trailer: Escape 15
Don't believe there is a Trillium under 1200 lbs .
bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #18
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Originally Posted by Donny55 View Post
Hope it helps.....Donny55
I hope it does too Donny. Seems like owners are always looking for solutions... maybe what you've offered is it!
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #19
Name: Don
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Good Morning, I have a big mistake to fix here fellow campers. Yesterday I found out the Alberta call didn't work out. It was not the answer I needed. The Calgary office did help very much. I guy named Tom from that office e-mailed me, and re-directed me to the address and phone number. Ian Gooder @ 1-519-652-3284....Can-Am RV in London. Or w w w. can (no spaces)
Ian got me the "T" molding, 80 feet of it, for 108.00 + shipping.
They have a lot of parts needed for Trillium.

Calgary is a good place to start, and my other contact Ian, is a good place to visit as well.
Hope it helps....Donny
Donny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #20
Name: Dan
Trailer: Scamp
Get a Different Tug

Originally Posted by Donny55 View Post
Hi everyone, I have a serious question about towing. I have a 2007 Ford 500 (Taurus) with 100,000 on it. It is a very powerful V6 fuel injected model SEL. The gas mileage is great.

Ford, and my owners manual says "the car is capable of pulling 1000 lbs".
Now, My trailer is 950 lbs, and follows well.

Ford is telling me I need a anti sway package (500.00 plus labour) and I should buy a tranny cooler for my model?

So, do I really need to spend 1000 dollars at least, for package I don't really need.....I think?

Thanks everyone for the time to read this, and consider what I should do?

P.S. I forgot, I have a 1976 13 foot Trillium camper!
I'd suggest the $1000 would be better spent toward a vehicle rated to tow 3500 pounds. If your vehicle is only rated to tow 1000 pounds it is not up to the task of towing any fiberglass travel trailer.

-- Dan Meyer

Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote