Trailer tongue jack - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #15
Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
I suppose it all depends on the trailer tongue and the length of your stinger, but on my '07 Chevy Silverado, with an off the shelf Reese stinger, I have no issues with tailgate interference on the Little Joe. Unless your current A-frame mounted jack is underneath the open tailgate, there should be no problem with the Ultimate Jack. If you are currently using a side mounted swing jack, just measure from the center of the A-Frame jack mount hole to the edge of your lowered tailgate to see if you will have enough clearance. I can see that on some trailers you may have to rotate or flip up the crank handle to lower the tailgate, but that would only be when you are hitched. I can't see hitching or unhitching with the tailgate down, as the tailgate would interfere with that process.

Using the Jack-E-Up would be redundant with the Ultimate Jack. It's your choice, but with the Ultimate Jack, there is one less item to stow, nor would the Jack-E-Up give me the leveling flexibility I have needed on some very sloped camp sites.

My 2 cents.

The Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:24 PM   #16
Name: Doug
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16, 2011 RAV4 V6
I remove the jack so the rear door on my Rav4 will open enough for my dog to get in or out. I haven't towed since installing the Ultimate Jack, so it might open with it completely lowered. Then I worry about driving off without remembering to raise it again (getting old and forgetful).

Doug in Sacramento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:55 PM   #17
Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
I can sympathize with that last comment, Doug.

Yeah, the Rav4 is a bit different. Gordon2 and Gilles had me thinking in terms of a pickup truck tailgate. It may be worse if you have an older Rav4 with the continental kit.............Now that's definitely showing my age!
The Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:02 AM   #18
Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 15B17G, 1986, towed with Dodge Journey 2012, 3.6 L., 6 speeds.
This subject is certainly going to throw a light, worth knowing which jack would be the best adapted to each its harness...
That allows us to visualize better our assembly before making a decision of purchase...

Have a good day all,

Gilles is online now   Reply With Quote