After putting up with a leaning '73 Trillium
1300, and a very rough bouncy ride which rearranged every thing inside by the time we got to a campsite, I finally bit the bullet, and went ahead with an axle
replacement,getting the trailer back just last Monday.
Planning for the inevitable, in late May, I emailed out to Calgary to firstname.lastname@example.org
with several questions regarding the pending trailer surgery; after two weeks went by, with no response, I sent a second email...sort of a "Hi, remember me? theme...never heard back, so went ahead with my plans to get it into the shop on the 14th of May; however, a mixup in shipping the axle
from Dexter to their Distributor here in Ontario, caused a 1 week delay. Then, with the axle
installed, the shop owner called to say he was concerned about there still being a lean to the streetside, causing less clearance in the wheelwell on that side.Having checked the frame integrity, no reason could be found for the difference in height between the 2 sides. The solution agreed on was to install a 1"riser on that side to even out the lean; it seemed to work, and the trailer was picked up on Mon. May 28th.
The ride coming home was smoother than any trip before; no bounce, despite the high axle rating..the stove grates were actually still on the stove when I got home!!
Adjusting the electric brakes
for deployment was accomplished on the drive home, to give just noticeable drag when applying them with the manual lever.
Ready for many more seasons of camping ahead .