Used Scamp 5th-Wheels / Raised Axle Option - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-29-2016, 06:24 PM   #15
Name: James
Trailer: In the market
South Dakota
Towing scamp 5th wheel camper

Scamp 5th wheel camper
I towed mine 600 miles with no problem and no sway. I made sure the fresh water tank and the greywater tank were empty, a lot of sway comes from too much weight behind the axle and not enough hitch weight. I used a 2004 1500 1/2 ton Ram 2 wheel drive pickup. My bed height is 33 inches and bed rail height is 53 inches. See pic. Also pics on my for sale ad here
5th wheel Scamp 1994 $6500 in Wyoming
Attached Thumbnails

Jamesbucklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:57 PM   #16
Name: Von
Trailer: Scamp 19'
15 inch wheels & a 3 inch lift on the trailer will solve your clearance issue. My 19er came with the lift but needed the taller wheels to make everything level. My tv is a 2006 Tundra access cab 4wh dr. I also mounted the sewer hose under the trailer so it wouldn't get crunched on the truck bed when turning.

vt lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #17
Name: James
Trailer: In the market
South Dakota
Mine has extended hitch

My ball hitch was extended about 6 inches to give more clearance by the PO. I need the raised axle and 15 inch wheels next. Did the factory do yours? I live close enough to the factory I can drive over there in about 4 hours.

Jamesbucklin is offline   Reply With Quote

axle, scamp

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search