Wheel Size - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-01-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
Name: Filbert
Trailer: Tote N Tarry
I don't know much about wheel sizes and what will fit on my Tote n Tarry. I would like to replace the stock 13 inch rims with some off a 1964 Ford Falcon. The size of those wheels are 205 75R 14 and are the 5 bolt pattern like the 13 inch I have now. Would these fit or even 15 inch rims fit on my trailer without modifications of the fiberglass wheel wells? Also, one wheel on my trailer has lug nuts, and the other wheel uses lug bolts to keep them on. Is this normal? Thanks in advance for your help.

Filbert V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson

I cannot address whether your idea of using Falcon wheels would be problematic or not. I hope someone else can address that.

Also, one wheel on my trailer has lug nuts, and the other wheel uses lug bolts to keep them on. [b]Is this normal?
Um, I don't think so.
My Fiber Stream was originally configured with lug bolts on all 4 wheels. Then the original brakes (on the front axle only) wore out. They were some other brand; now Dexter is the only manufacturer of 7" brakes. Now I have new Dexter Brakes on the front axle that have studs on the wheel hub and lug nuts to hold the front axle wheels on. My rear axles retain the lug bolts.

I suspect that at some time in the past one of your wheel hubs had to be replaced, and that the one with lug nuts is newer than the one with lug bolts.
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote