wheels for My trailer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2016, 06:11 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I'm reviving this very old thread as I have the same concern that the OP (Joe MacDonald) had about the load capacity of automotive alloys for his trailer.

I've read that 14" alloys from Ford Rangers / Mazda B-series pickup will fit many trailers, as they have the same bolt pattern and similar offset, and many members here have them on their trailers.

Weight capacity of Ranger wheels may not be a concern with lighter trailers like a Trillium's 1300 or 4500 model, but mine is the larger 5500, just like Joe's.

My trailer has a torsion axle, no idea of the capacity. Spec sheet in the cupboard reads a 3000# Gross Vehicle Weight (not Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). Don't know what is the actual weight of the trailer, but most have reported weight between 2400 and 2900 lbs. My guess is this is empty weight, and that the final weight will be just under 3500 lbs.

Now I have the opportunity to get a nice set of 14X6 Ford Ranger alloys ("Deer Hoof" pattern) at a good price.
If the bolt pattern, lug type, and offset are indeed compatible with my trailer, should I be concerned with the weight capacity of these wheels?

If Joe is listening, what did you finally do, did you put on the GM wheels you were looking for? They were larger (15X6), how was the fitment?
Carl V is offline   Reply With Quote