1st Annual Manitoba Gathering - August 13-14, 2010 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #21

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Quote:
Hi, we are booked for Section 1 site 13 in Watchorn Campground. We have a 16' Scamp.
Ron and Linda Walker, Lincoln, NE.
Hope you bring music Ron and Linda
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #22

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
WATCHORN UPDATE
Looking great! Thanks for all the responses and the sharing of information. At last check there are only four electrical spots open for the 13/14 August along with various nonelectric sites.

1. For those who are available there will be a short, informal Meet & Greet on Friday night from 8:00pm to 10:00ish. We can have this at our site which is Section 1, site 19. Hopefully this time frame will give most people a chance to arrive and set up... pop by whenever you can and bring a chair and refreshment if you wish!

2. On Saturday, we will have another gathering so we can mingle and discuss trailers, trips, projects... and arrange to view trailers (for those interested). This will allow us all to collect ideas and plan future projects. The open-house will take place at 5:00pm followed by a Pot-luck dinner and an evening bonfire, (and maybe some entertainment by our fellow campers!) More information to follow.

As mentioned in the past, not only is this the First Annual but it is the first rally for Noella and me so if anyone wants to run with some idea or plan please feel free.

See you there!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #23

Trailer: 78 Trillium 4500
kijiji

Hi Roland, would you like me to post the info re gathering on Kijiji?
susan s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #24

Registry
Kijiji posting for Manitoba rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan s. View Post
Hi Roland, would you like me to post the info re gathering on Kijiji?
That would be great Susan, thank you. We have been out of town for a week and will be gone for another week, (just got a little internet access today otherwise we are out of touch so thanks again for doing that).
Roland
Roland H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #25

Trailer: 78 Trillium 4500
Here's the ad on Kijiji:

Calling all fiberglass trailer owners--Boler, Bigfoot, Scamp etc

View larger image

Date Listed 29-Jul-10 Price Free Address Winnipeg, MB R3M 0K1, Canada
View map For Sale ByOwner Year1973

First annual Manitoba gathering of fiberglass and vintage trailers
There will be a get-together on Friday August 13 and Saturday August 14 at Watchorn Provincial Park, nestled on the shores of Lake Manitoba.
- About two hours north of Winnipeg on Hwy 6 and Provincial road 237.
- Total of 22 electric and 20 non-electric sites.
- Very nice beach area.
- Camping sites are designed to allow easy visiting and socializing. This should allow all of us to collect numerous ideas and plan for future RV projects!

- Provincial Parks are free for 2010 so no entrance fees.
- 11 kilometres from the town of Moosehorn, Manitoba.
- Reasonable camping rates: Basic is $9.45nt and Electrical $13.65nt

- At least one large bonfire and get-together on Saturday night. Consider this to be an informal "meet and greet" with not a lot of events planned. We can discuss the future of the gathering and how we would like to see it evolve.
- Parks Reservation phone number is listed below, once you have booked please use this topic/forum to advise of the number of people attending.
- Reserve for two nights or if that is not possible come for just the one night!
Please see the Provincial Park link below for more information on Watchorn:
http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/pa...tchorn_bay.pdf

Parks Reservation Service:
948-3333 in Winnipeg
1-888-482-2267 toll-free

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...v-s-42562.html
susan s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #26

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
not looking good for me attending now. more work commitments.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #27

Registry
Susan...thanks again for posting the rally on Kijiji, if you can think of any other options feel free to go for it.
Roland
Old 08-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #28

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Watchorn

Just booked site 1-51 for Aug 13th and 14th, hope the weather will be good.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #29

Trailer: 1977 Surfside TM-14
Registry
see you all there . I'll be in site 50.
Luc Riezebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #30

Trailer: Boler 13 ft 1972
Sorry guys, its now looking like I can't make it We moved up possession of our house to that weekend and have to move. I'm really upset I can't make it
GordM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #31

Registry
Potluck

For the POTLUCK on Saturday please bring your own plates/silver/beverages and LAWNCHAIR and of course a dish!

We will be bringing Sweet/Sour meatballs and a salad; what else can we look forward to...

Roland
Old 08-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #32

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 13 ft
Hi all -
Finally took the bull by the horns today, and booked a spot (#21- for the Watchorn gathering, August 13 and 14. I have never travelled with my 13 foot Scamp since I bought it in late '07, so this is my maiden voyage as it were. I am bringing my camera to take pictures of all the neat things that folks have done to their trailers so I can fix mine up, and make it more comfortable. I hope everyone will be ok with my contribution of Yum-Yum pickles and cheese to the potluck, since I am a lousy cook and it wouldn't be at all fair to inflict my cookage on anyone who doesn't have ready access to a stomach pump. It all sounds like it will be a wonderful time, and with a little luck maybe it will become an annual outing. I sure hope so. See you all there!
Forrest M.
Forrest M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #33

Registry
Can't be worse then my cooking!!!

Sounds good Forrest and thanks for posting; have a safe trip with the Scamp and see you on Friday.
Roland
Old 08-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #34

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Finaly things came together , Passport arrived just in time 42 days and they said 6 weeks so we will be heading out come first lite in the morning SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!.
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #35

Registry
Watchorn Update!

Hello to all!

A quick summary before we all hit the road:

1.) Friday evening 8-10pm an informal meet and greet at Section 1 Site #19. Pop in for a few minutes and say hi or stay and visit!

2.) Saturday 5pm get-together to discuss trailering, travel, projects...and for those interested we will arrange viewing of the various trailers. Start this off at Section 1 Site #19.

3.) Following the get-together on Saturday will be the Potluck dinner!

4.) Finally to cap off Saturday evening there will be a Bonfire and more time to mingle, and/or sing for the brave ones.

**I phoned the Park office and they confirmed that the small concession stand will be open on the weekend and will be selling wood at $6.00 per bundle. There should also be wood for sale in the town of Moosehorn if needed. The officer also mentioned the mosquitoes have been very cooperative so far but don't rule them out completely! Portable washrooms have been set up as the main one is under construction. All the electrical sites are booked up and only 7 basic sites still available.
Drive safe and see you there!!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #36

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Had a great time.

Wow that was a great time, just too bad the weather was so bad. Cant wait for next years meet. My and Tim's Boler will look completely different next summer. The tour this morning gave us some good ideas.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #37

Trailer: Boler 1700
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Al Nelson
Thanks for coming.

The Manitoba boler rally at Watchorn park was a great success, despite the rain. Twelve units from Manitoba, Ontario, Alberta, Illinois, Minnesota and Nebraska attended. And, wouldn't you know it, half an hour after we got home, it quit raining and the sun came out!
Thanks to everyone who came, some of you travelled a long way and we were really glad to show them our wonderfull Manitoba weather. Great entertainment, great food and great company.
Will post a full report later.
Al
Attached Thumbnails
CIMG6192.JPG   CIMG6198.JPG  

DSCN1649.jpg  
Al Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #38

Registry
Wet, cool weather....Warm, fun people!

My thoughts echo the previous postings. I too would like to thank all our American and Albertan friends for making the trip out to Watchorn, it was great visiting, sharing stories and having some laughs with all of you. And of course it was a pleasure to get to know our fellow Manitobans.
One of the memorable times for me was the first meet & greet on Friday. The evening was calm and warm with no wind or rain. Our fellow rally campers started pulling up chairs around the fire at site 19 and getting to know each other. Out came this huge pot of pop corn courtesy of Lyndon and LouAnn from Minnesota.
Then the music started; Pete on guitar, Ron on electric keyboards with a few numbers by Luc and his fiddle! That was magical; amazing music and singing and in the sky Canada geese flying low over head to rest on the lake for the evening. As this progressed other campers in the park also started to pop in and see all the talent. The rain did eventually break this up and bring an end to the evening but what a great start!
From what I have been hearing I guess there should be a second annual rally, preferably one without rain! I know we have learned a few things and will apply them in the future but for now I will let some of the pictures do the talking.
(To all of those interested in future Manitoba rallies please stay in touch)
Attached Thumbnails
P1030367.jpg   P1030322.jpg  

P1030327.jpg   P1030330.jpg  

P1030340.jpg   P1030338.jpg  

P1030346.jpg   P1030355.jpg  

P1030344.jpg   P1030345.jpg  

Old 08-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #39

Registry
Few more pics

Thanks again to all!
Attached Thumbnails
P1030344.jpg   P1030352.jpg  

P1030336.jpg   P1030360.jpg  

Old 08-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #40

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Boler
Registry
Watchorn Boler Wash

Hey Al

In response to your idea of T-shirts...here you go.

Craig & Darla
Attached Thumbnails
Watchorn Boler Wash.jpg  
Craig B. is offline   Reply With Quote