1st Annual Manitoba Gathering - August 13-14, 2010 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2010, 09:56 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
1st Annual Manitoba Gathering - August 13-14, 2010

This may be short notice but lets give it a shot!

First Annual Manitoba gathering of Fiberglass and Vintage RV's.
Everyone is welcome to join us on Friday August 13 and Saturday August 14 at Watchorn Provincial Park nestled on the shores of Lake Manitoba.

- Approximately two hours north of Winnipeg on Hwy 6 and Provincial road 237.

- Total of 22 electric and 20 non-electric sites.

- Very nice beach area.

- Camping sites are designed to allow easy visiting and socializing. This should allow all of us to collect numerous ideas and plan for future RV projects!

- Provincial Parks are free for 2010 so no entrance fees.

- 11 kilometres from the town of Moosehorn, Manitoba.

- Reasonable camping rates: Basic is $9.45nt and Electrical $13.65nt

- At least one large bonfire and get-together on Saturday night. Consider this to be an informal "meet and greet" with not a lot of events planned. We can discuss the future of the gathering and how we would like to see it evolve.
- Parks Reservation phone number is listed below, once you have booked please use this topic/forum to advise of the number of people attending.

- Reserve for two nights or if that is not possible come for just the one night!

Please see the Provincial Park link below for more information on Watchorn:

http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/parks/pd...atchorn_bay.pdf

Parks Reservation Service:
948-3333 in Winnipeg
1-888-482-2267 toll-free

*** As of my last search (17 June 2010) on the Provincial camping reservation site there were 11 electrical sites available and 18 Basic/nonelectrical. Sites 18 to 27 (basic and electric) appear to be a good location for a gathering.

As we have never organized or attended an RV gathering before I would appreciate any and all help. Thank you.
Roland H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft 1972
We're going to try to come down too. We're brand new Boler owners and I just love 'em!
GordM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 1978 UNIK
Registry
We have a 1978 UNIK, 18 ft. fiberglass trailer. We know it was made in Quebec but haven't found out much else and haven't been able to meet up with any other owners. We would like to come visit but it's quite a trip from Dallas, TX! We would appreciate any info your campers may have on the vintage UNIK. Hope you have a fun gathering. Terry
Old 06-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #4

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
the date looks good for me. have to check with my Social Director to confirm.
I attempted to get something started in Winnipeg a few years back but job commitments put the event on hold. I too, have never attended one of these events but I'd love to. if I can help in any way, let me know.
Does any one have a past agenda from another gathering?
so far, count me as a YES.

Scott
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #5

Registry
We just completed an online booking for our Watchorn camping site: Section 1 site #19. This spot is fairly open but does have electrical. There are also some nice non-electric sites near by with a lake view and also some other electrical spots along the same road we are on.

Hope to see you there!

Roland and Noella

Old 06-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
the date looks good for me. have to check with my Social Director to confirm.
I attempted to get something started in Winnipeg a few years back but job commitments put the event on hold. I too, have never attended one of these events but I'd love to. if I can help in any way, let me know.
Does any one have a past agenda from another gathering?
so far, count me as a YES.

Scott
Good Idea about the agenda Scott, hopefully some others can provide help in this area. Not sure what else needs to be done other then spread the word in as many ways as possible... any ideas on this would be great. I have added a similar post on the Bolerama Forum and if you think of anything else please let us know.
Roland
Old 06-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #7

My family and I are all booked up! We decided to stay in a little more shaded area of the park. We're section 3, site 2. My sister and her family is also joining us, they don't have a fiberglass RV. They have an Airstream, and in the past have owned 2 Bolers. I guess their family is just too big
Old 06-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #8

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I'm still checking the schedule. but did have some thoughts about agenda.
must have a meet-n-great/show-n-tell tour.
how about a Sat night jam? any musicians out there?
pot luck seems to be popular.
what about hiring one of those pig roast guys and splitting the cost?
a swap meet? bring out all the stuff we've taken off our rigs and trade/sell
or donate proceeds to Linda for this wonderful site.
could we get one of the area RV dealerships to sponsor something
or put up a prize?
contest for "best of show" or "most innovative add-on" or "most original"
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #9

Those are great ideas Scott!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:08 AM   #10

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
We will be there if the good Lord is willin and the creek don't rise . We have reservations for Friday and Saturday nights in spot #1 We will be in a 95 Scamp 5er with our 2000 Dodge Dakota Lyndon and LouAnn Laney . I can bring my camp cooker and plan on a camp stew!!if you want. Or I make a good herbed Pulled Pork. Let me know on this. It is a five gallon cooker so should be plenty also I always PoP homegrown corn for everyone And if there is entertainment we are good clappers!!
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #11

Registry
Some very good points Gord, I really hope your schedule will work out so that you can attend. I especialy like the idea of a pot luck and a meet/greet on Saturday after everyone is settled in. I suspect this would carry on into the evening with maybe a guitar and/or some talented people helping out! Lyndon has also mentioned a potluck in his posting so it appears to be popular as you mentioned.

Still trying to recruit more rv's; Donna has posted our rally in the Escape Travel Forum on our behalf and any other ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for now.

Roland
Old 06-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #12

Registry
to Lyndon and LouAnn! Great to hear you are booked; with all the rain we have had up here you may not be too far off about the creek rising! Should be great weather by August, see you there.

Roland and Noella
Old 06-29-2010, 09:18 AM   #13

Just a heads up to US people you will need a passport and they sometimes take 6 weeks applied for ours today.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #14

More good news our good friend{ who dosen't come here] will be at the meet and he and his friend Jakie will entertain us with lots of good music and song they have reserved site 21 and we have changed to site 20 so we should be next to you Roland They are Dwane {Pete] Peterson and Jacky They are from Stanchfield Mn And have a 16 foot Scamp.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #15

Registry
Quote:
More good news our good friend{ who dosen't come here] will be at the meet and he and his friend Jakie will entertain us with lots of good music and song they have reserved site 21 and we have changed to site 20 so we should be next to you Roland They are Dwane {Pete] Peterson and Jacky They are from Stanchfield Mn And have a 16 foot Scamp.
That is great news, can't wait to meet everyone! I guess I shouldn't hurry the summer along as it is short enough already. There are still some open spots so I hope to see more trailers out there.
Roland
Old 07-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #16

Another thing has been brought to my attention you should get a Canada non resident inter province motor vehicle liability insurance card from your insurance carrier.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #17

Registry
[quote]
Another thing has been brought to my attention you should get a Canada non resident inter province motor vehicle liability insurance card from your insurance carrier.

Lyndon thanks for keeping everyone informed on the crossborder points. While we are on the topic just a few other points to keep in mind:
It is quite easy to cross into Canada but there are a few things to keep in mind before approaching Canada Customs. Due to various insects, firewood may not be allowed through Canadian Customs. Duty and tax free alcohol import limit is 1.14 litre (40oz) per person and one carton cigs per person. Firearms are not allowed unless registered in Canada, nor are weapons which includes items such as pepper spray or knives (switchblade style) that are spring loaded.
If interested just google the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) web site for more info.
See you in a month!
Roland
Old 07-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #18

More good news Cortland Pieper and his partner Darlene Allen will be in $ 8 with their 13 Scamp They are from Illinois.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #19

Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
Hi - sounds like a lot of fun; sorry I can't be there.
Just returned from "Bolerama" in Earlton - we had a 'poker run', from one part of the province to another; some draws for prizes that had been donated; a subterranean book exchange; and a bison bbq. I'll send you contact info privately.
KarenH
Quote:
That is great news, can't wait to meet everyone! I guess I shouldn't hurry the summer along as it is short enough already. There are still some open spots so I hope to see more trailers out there.
Roland
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #20

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft 1996
Send a message via MSN to Ron Walker
Hi, we are booked for Section 1 site 13 in Watchorn Campground. We have a 16' Scamp.
Ron and Linda Walker, Lincoln, NE.
Ron Walker is offline   Reply With Quote