1st annual Winnipeg Egg Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
After discussions with a few Manitoba egg owners, I’ve come to the conclusion that a gathering in the Winnipeg area is worth a shot. After all, we’re right smack dab in the center of Canada and only minutes north of the US border.

I remember when my Dad retired from the airforce and told the family that Winnipeg would be his chosen “last posting”. That was because, no matter what, all of his friends had to pass through here sooner or later. So… in that spirit, I’d like to propose the first annual Winnipeg Fiberglass RV Gathering and start to organize a weekend of friends (new and old) coming together in a shared appreciation of camping in a fiberglass RV.

I’d like to set a date some time in the last half of June 2009 and suggest that Birds Hill Provincial Park be the location of choice. There are miles of cycling trails, a nice beach and it’s close enough to the city to draw lots of egg owners. The campground is clean, quiet and offers great group areas for campfires and informative sessions.

What I need at this time is simply a show of hands indicating whether or not there is true interest. This will be a great way to meet the egg community and find out first-hand what super nice folk we really are. So get that hand in the air and get the ball rolling.

Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Count the Trailer Goddess an I in, right close to the end of the month would suit us better (what a better way to celeberat a 20 year anniversary, July 4th., than with a "Home Coming").

I would prefer Falcon Lake, but only because I am more familiar with that lake (and a real lake to boot) and the Camping facilities there, but its YOUR meet!!!!!
Attached Images

Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
......After all, we’re right smack dab in the center of Canada and only minutes north of the US border.

A F E W minutes you say....!!!

"Someone" better have another Google Earth Moment here, LOL!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
July_1st_Lynden_KOA_6.jpg  
Old 10-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Quote:
I'd like to set a date some time in the last half of June
I say go for it. (if you plan it, they will come) I would recommend keeping the date in June. That way those who are planning a trip can continue onwards to Emily for the first weekend in July.
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 ft
Birds Hill in June/09 sounds great! We picked up our Scamp late this season so will look forward to using it as soon as it warms up again. We are first time trailer owners and look forward to meeting other egg owners. Sue

jamessue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
I'm a definite maybe. We have to be in The Peg a couple of times next year, though I'm not sure June is one of the times. But if there are any votes for August, you can add our name to that list.
cheers
Ian

Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #7

Registry
A small rant but none the less a rant!!
I just spent almost 20 minutes on the site for Birds Hill Prov park. I was looking for a map of the campground(s). While I will admit the place has hugely grown from the mid 60's (when I used to frequent the pit, often partying LATE into the early morning hours) the map plan left me wonderin 'waz up wid dat???'

I found a pdf file with the map I was looking for (I think?). It was loaded sideways and after about 10 minutes with my bawld head cocked at the ten to four position, I gave up looking for the SHOWERS!! I tried printing out the map and again got NO results (suitable to my liking) so I gave up!! Can anyone PLEASE point me to the (ANY) shower facilities???

...I remain, dry, confused and rather ruffled, Doug, ex-pegger!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:26 AM   #8

Registry
OK, OK an hour, I'm in advertising, what can I say!

"Someone" better have another Google Earth Moment here, LOL!!!!
[/quote]
Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #9

Registry
the showers are at the store Doug. I was also thinking about St. Malo, South of the city. we have the time to plan so I'm not married to any particular park as yet. St. Malo also has 2 beaches closer to the group area. let me know what you think?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #10

Registry
St. Malo, yeah its a little closer to 'home' for me (St. Vital)... but after travelling 1500 miles in our '37 Plymouth, a few extra miles here or there really won't matter too much!

Whatever happened to the old KOA located east of the mint. I think I remember seeing its not there anymore, but I'z wonderin' IF its still a campground or not???

Sure were a lot of Saints around in days of yore, weren't there!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Copy_of_37_Plymouth_and_Trillium_at_Can_Am_Nats.jpg  
Old 10-16-2008, 07:29 AM   #11

Registry
thinking St. Malo for this meet but keep going back to Birds Hill cause it's so close and we may be able take over a good portion of a bay of elec sites. I have to make some calls to ask what else they can offer us in the way of group discounts and such.

The date is also looking like it will be July 3-5 and that's the weekend before the Winnipeg Folk Festival if some out-of-town folks want to tie the 2 events together. Having said that, the park may be really busy at that time... another thing to check on.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #12

Registry
The appended dates sure do appeal to me Scott, you live towards the east end of the city??
Old 10-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #13

Registry
the idea is starting to take shape. I even came up with an idea for a window decal to mark the event.
although the location is still up in the air... it's a start. I'll know in the next few weeks where the rally will be.

Attached Thumbnails
BIRDSHILL.jpg  
Old 10-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #14

Registry
I live on the west side of town. Birds Hill is north of the city.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:24 AM   #15

Registry
Quote:
I live on the west side of town. Birds Hill is north of the city.
.......<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">Oopsie</span>, now I once again have chicken plascenta all over my face.

I really got lost and forgot all about Lagimodiere Blvd, Hwy 59, headed out towards Grand Beach with its fantastic sand dunes and vast sandy beaches!!

'They' say that only a TRUE 'Pegger can pronounce monikers like this....
<just helps a lot to have french ancestory, I guess???>

....oh, a question (or maybe two) about the window decals, IF I may??
Are they made yet and are they inside window(more $$) or outside window(less $$)???
Old 10-20-2008, 07:38 AM   #16

Registry
likely outside but they are a long way from being made Doug. I have to talk to the park this week
and see if they'll hold a block of sites on an electrical bay. Then there's the planning part... having never even attended a gathering, I have no idea (outside of the open egg tour and potluck) what activities are usually planned. Once I have a date and place... I'll be asking folks on both boards for suggestions and help.

....oh, a question (or maybe two) about the window decals, IF I may??
Are they made yet and are they inside window(more $$) or outside window(less $$)???
[/quote]
Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #17

Registry
Thanks for the update Scott!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:19 AM   #18

Registry
I had a suggestion on the Bolerama board to look at Greatwoods park. not far from town and they host a small music fest in August
http://www.greatwoodspark.com/Festiv...oods/index.htm

I don't know if we could tie the 2 events together or not?
any thoughts?
Old 10-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #19

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Quote:
I had a suggestion on the Bolerama board to look at Greatwoods park. not far from town and they host a small music fest in August
http://www.greatwoodspark.com/Festiv...oods/index.htm

I don't know if we could tie the 2 events together or not?
any thoughts?
I don't want to seem like I'm 100 years old (though I'm more than half way) but the last show goes on at 11:20 p.m. That's about an hour past my bed time (OK Doug, 2 hrs) not even accounting for the time difference. But I love those dates.
cheers
Ian

Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #20

Registry
Ya better git back inta bed Ian!!

Check those dates again, L A S T Y E A R!!!!

I/WE can't be there in August anyhow cause of the Trailer Godess' busy work schedule not to mention the skeeter situation, but it WILL be interesting to see who they can arrange for late July (oh nine) dates.

Tags
eggcamper