2004 National Rally Proposal - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-07-2003, 12:44 AM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
There is no problem for Canadians heading south. As Ches said - additional medical insurance while visiting the US can be had for fairly cheap.

I think there is a time limit to this of about 90-120 days (?) and only then would you need to buy additional (less than 100 bucks a month if I'm not mistaken.)

It all depends on what plan/company the Canadian is on.

Most families in Canada pay about 100 bucks a month for health care - and you would not believe how much we whine about it! :o

It's certainly less that our neighbors to the south pay every month.

A passport going into the US makes it easier/smoother at the border crossing, but it's not mandatory at all. (I head south on business at least once a month.)

RE: National Rally / Canadians.... FYI: Vancouver to Vegas is at least 3 days. :)

Old 07-07-2003, 07:28 AM   #16

OK

I vote for somewhere north east of Vegas.

Rick: I only pay 20% of my insurance premium and it is $135 a month. The company that I retired from pays 80%.

Old 07-07-2003, 08:47 AM   #17

oh yes now your are talking

Zion Bryce glenn canyon , great places to get lost in the beauty of nature:crazy-ii
Old 07-07-2003, 10:39 AM   #18

rally

I am all for somewhere in the Utah, Nevada, area. I live in Mesquite, Nevada, 80 miles from Vegas and about 80 miles from Zion National Park. You can do so so many beautiful loops from this area, Las Vegas, Valley of Fire, Hoover Dam, Snow Canyon, Zion, Bryce, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell. Nature at it's best.
Of course we are being selfish. Nothing like people coming to this area.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Orginally posted by Barbara Harned

* * * * * * I am all for somewhere in the Utah, Nevada, area. *I live in Mesquite, Nevada, 80 miles from Vegas and about 80 miles from Zion National Park. *You can do so so *many beautiful loops from this area, Las Vegas, Valley of Fire, Hoover Dam, Snow Canyon, Zion, Bryce, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell. *Nature at it's best. *
Of course we are being selfish. *Nothing like people coming to this area.
Hi Barbara
Your not being selfish.It just shows you have pride in the area that you live.More people should do the same about their home ground.:wave
Old 07-07-2003, 05:49 PM   #20

Canadian Medical Insurance

Thank you Chester and Rick

I have sent our friend Paul two emails with your answers regarding medical insurance in Canada .... it sure is different than what he was told.

Your insurance at about $100 at month is a lot less than here in the states (unless a company helps pay for it).. Jim and I presently pay about $300 a month and that's WITH the help of a company. As of next year we will be paying the insurance ourselves and we are not looking forward to that... We have heard horror stories of $700 - $800 a month and some even higher - it depends on the policy coverage that you choose. (this would be for two people).

Thanks again for your help. I was curious and Curiosity killed the Cat - I wanted to not worry about that cat.... :wave
Old 07-07-2003, 09:50 PM   #21

2004 Rally

Chances are CA will be in debtor's prison by then & will have been absorbed by Vegas. Can we all get into Sam's Town?

There's also an all Motorhome park in Vegas we could "crash".

Mox nix to me as long as we have all structured functions at Mandalay Bay. They have the best-looking cocktail waitresses in town!!

Dick/Jeanette, Coastal NC
Old 07-08-2003, 07:29 AM   #22

Branson

I haven't been there in a while, but last time I was there it was way too congested and getting worse all the time.

If it appears that it might be a consideration, I'd like to hear from some who have been there in the last year or so.

I think the idea of going a little further north is good. I love the idea of cooler country.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:39 AM   #23

Add another thing to the list

Crowds and traffic jams.
Thanks suz
I live 13 mile from Virginia Beach and never go to ocean between june and september crowds and traffic. no wonder my i like nice quite spots.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:35 PM   #24

Vegas in the summer... why not just have it in the bowels of the third level of hell... it'd be cooler:sunny
Old 07-08-2003, 02:37 PM   #25

:laugh :lol2 :laugh Now, now. I think there was also some mention of having it at a little bit different season of the year... I'm sure that would be dependent on location. :wink
Old 07-09-2003, 02:54 PM   #26

My two cents

Quote:
Orginally posted by George Cathcart

We agree that a western ''national'' rally should be in the books next year or the following year. The rally in KY this year was apparently beautifully done by the sponsors, but almost all of the participants were from east of the national divide. So, yeah, lets divvy this up. Another mid-continent rally in the future would be great too. But wherever a rally is, it's going to be too far for some, so they can catch the next one, huh?:wine
I agree with George. If we always try to have the National Rally at a central location, those of us at the nation's edges will always have a long trip in order to attend. I think since it is a "national' rally, we should try to have it in as many states as possible over the years. And it would be great to always have it at or near a Nat'l or State Park, so we could enjoy all those very special places. Then those who prefer dry camping could stay in the NP/SPs and those who don't could stay in an RV park. The festivities could be split between the two locations depending upon the facilities.

Glen's plan for Graeagle sounds good to me. It is a great area and Plumas/Eureka SP is a favorite of ours. Lots of RV parks too.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:32 PM   #27

rally

Well, I like the way y'all are a-thinkin. It was west, then east....now the west again. Thise who cant attend can surely do the regional thing for a fix. Not that anybody cares but I won't cross the Cali border just on principle!!! Not even under duress!! I worked in NoCal some years back (donner pass) and it certainly is beautiful country. Donner would be temperate at 7500 ft and not all that far from Vegas, etc......

go to it!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 05:51 PM   #28

We need this subject...........

.......to be kept near the top.

I still say ''Westward Ho!''

I like Glen's ideas, but at California State campgrounds, reservations for a large group would seem to be almost impossible to achieve. (The system books reservations six months ahead and the better state parks are well reserved on the first day.)

Are there any excellent private campgrounds in northeastern California that could accomodate as many rigs as we might have?