2007 Texas Bluebonnet Casita Rally - Bandera, TX - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
The Bluebonnet Casita Rally is being planned for April 25 – 29, 2007, at the Skyline Ranch RV Park. Skyline Ranch RV Park is an excellent location for the 2007 rally and can easily accommodate our group with 132 camp sites and a meeting building that is approximately 7,200 sq. ft. Go to the web site http://bluebonnet.bradbev.com, then click on Skyline Ranch RV Park to see a layout of the facility. Reservations for the RV Park will be handled online through your Bluebonnet Registration form which you can access here:REGISTRATION FORM The RV Park will block enough sites based upon the registration forms that are received online. Your site will be assigned upon a first come basis (The park prefers to not take individual reservation in advance - we will coordinate your reservation with the park.)

Skyline Ranch RV Park $19/day (This special rate will be honored should you want to arrive early or leave late.)
2231 Hwy. 16, North, Bandera, TX 78003

Please register early. We need to advise the park how many spaces to save for us!

This is not an exclusive Casita only rally. Everyone Welcome!

Bandera, TX
Bandera (population 19,988) is located in the beautiful Texas hill country. It is steeped in ranching history and claims to be “The Cowboy Capital of the World”. Bandera offers wonderful restaurants, a beautifully landscaped golf course with a pro shop and driving range, Medina Lake which offers fishing, boating, swimming, hiking, and a museum that contains a wide array of Old West relics and Western art, Indian artifacts, and antiques. There is something for everyone in Bandera or one of the interesting towns or cities in the area.

49 miles from Kerrville, TX
51 miles from Fredericksburg, TX
54 miles from San Antonio, TX
59 miles from Lukenbach, TX
25 miles from Boerne, TX
118 miles from Austin, TX.

What can I expect?
We are planning seminars, interest sessions, potluck meals, wine tasting, bingo, door prizes, free time to take in area attractions and restaurants, and, of course, an egg parade to show off our eggs.

Anyone who would like to bring a door prize please do so again this year. Door prize drawings will be conducted every day depending upon the number of door prizes available. It can be anything from something handmade, an RV item, or something that represents your state.

We sincerely hope that you all will make every effort to attend the Bluebonnet Casita Rally again April 25-29, 2007, in Bandera. Please feel free to volunteer to do anything you feel comfortable doing. Just email us and tell us what your talent or skill is and what you want to do to help make this a success for all of us. Opportunities for volunteering include (but not limited to) conducting the wine tasting, or the horseshoes tournament, providing entertainment (e.g. line dancing or music), conduct a craft session, something to put in the registration packet, and/or bring a door prize, etc.

We look forward to seeing you there!!
Brad and Beverly Cottingham
BradBev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:13 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Sounds great. Wish we could go.

This is one of our ToDo Wish List items.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:19 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Sounds great. Wish we could go.

This is one of our ToDo Wish List items.
I wish I could go too Michael I was fortunate to meet Brad and Beverly at the Oregon Gathering this past year...they're fantastic folk and I'm certain this is also a GREAT egg event
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:57 AM   #4
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Yep. Sounds great! I'm so glad to see it migrate back to the beautiful Texas Hill Country area this year!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #5

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Yep! This is one of the top events on our to-do list after retirement. Brad and Beverly are such nice people. You all volunteer to help them out... okay? Putting on an event of this size is a huge job.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #6

Hi Guys,

We're in the planning stages of the Bluebonnet. Trying to get events, seminars, entertainment, etc. lined up. As I remember, we had 67 rigs at the 2006 event. Current number registered for 2007 is 70. I see a lot of new owners and others registered who I've not had the pleasure of meeting.

If you have some special interest or expertise you'd like to share with the group, let me know so we can schedule a time for you.

Brad
Old 12-14-2006, 02:32 PM   #7

Update effective 12/14/06. We currently have 80 rigs registered with more who have said they would be there but haven't filled out the registration form.

Art and Karen have agreed to provide entertainment as they did at this year's event. We all enjoyed their performance and look forward to seeing them again next year.

Brad and Beverly
Old 01-05-2007, 11:00 AM   #8

We currently have 105 rigs registered and hope to publish our tentative agenda by this weekend. If you're interested in joining us in Bandera, please visit the BLUEBONNET WEBSITE

We hope to publish a tentative agenda shortly.

Brad
Old 01-07-2007, 08:21 AM   #9

Would anyone in the Houston area be interested convoying to the Bluebonnet Rally?
Bill Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #10

Trailer: 2005 Scamp
Bill,

That would be fun to caravan to Bandara. But I dont think Jeanette and I can leave until Tuesday evening late after we get off work.

Quote:
Would anyone in the Houston area be interested convoying to the Bluebonnet Rally?
McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:14 PM   #11

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
we are hoping to come but it will depend on my hubby's schedule. Wont be able to make it wednesday probably, but thursday for sure if we get to come. noticed some familiar names on the list of who's coming so that we know somebody. This sounds like a big meet. makes our first meet (i think was 60) look small compared. the grounds look really nice. not as 'stickery' perhaps???? we will probably be bringing poochy.

Quote:
We currently have [b]105 rigs registered and hope to publish our tentative agenda by this weekend. If you're interested in joining us in Bandera, please visit the BLUEBONNET WEBSITE

We hope to publish a tentative agenda shortly.

Brad
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:06 AM   #12

Registration continues to grow. As of tonight, we have 120 registered! Wow!

If you would like to attend but haven't registered, please do so ASAP. We're working closely with the RV park to accommodate everyone.

Register Here

Brad
Santa Fe, NM
Old 01-23-2007, 01:12 AM   #13

We currently have 127 rigs registered for the Texas Bluebonnet rally. You may view the tentative activity agenda HERE.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:08 AM   #14

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Brad says that registration is up to 132 trailers!

Eric is selling T-shirts for the rally.

We are looking forward to a great time.

Tom Trostel

http://www.casitaclub.com/store/index.php?...7158826da16b613
Old 03-04-2007, 02:36 PM   #15

Yesterday afternoon I sent out a test email to everyone I have listed as registered for the Bluebonnet rally. I had 6 emails bounce due to email address changed and typos. I've corrected all the mistakes and so everyone who have registered should have heard from me yesterday afternoon or today. If you did not get an email from me, let me know so we can correct the problems.

We currently have around 135 registered to stay at the RV park. We're going to have to limit the number to around 140. We don't want to turn anyone away, so those that register late may have to use alternative overflow parks nearby (about 2 miles away). There will also be a limited number of dry camping space available at the park. I regret this has happened, but the response of those who wish to attend has been overwhelming. We have twice as many as last year!

We expect to have a great time in Bandera. I'm currently working on an email I will send to everyone registered giving more details of what to expect, what to bring, etc.

Today is the first really nice day we've had in Santa Fe since the first of the year, so I'm heading out to start getting the Casita ready to travel. Install the battery, wire up the new electric jack, etc. Have a great day and we are looking forward to meeting many new friends and seeing old friends in Bandera.

Event Host
Old 03-06-2007, 05:37 PM   #16

An update email was sent to everyone registered for the event. In case you didn't get it, Click Here.

Santa Fe, NM
Old 03-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #17

Update on the Bluebonnet rally.

We currently have 140 rigs registered, 139 staying at the park. 2 rigs are leaving Friday and will be replaced by 2 rigs arriving Friday. So, that means we can accept 3 more registrations. Anyone registering after the 3 open spaces are filled will be advised they MAY have to dry camp or go to a nearby overflow park. I say "MAY" because there will likely be cancellations as time gets near, and we may find we can accept a few more than expected in the park.

Along with all the activities listed here, Rachel Funderburk (RN) will be bringing health related literature and will check blood pressures for those that might like to have a quick check.

Due to the extraordinary response to this event, I've registered a domain for the Texas Bluebonnet Casita Rally. Can you remember "texbluebonnet.com"? That's easier than "bluebonnet.bradbev.com". (You don't even have to put a "www." in front of it if you don't want to - works either way.)

http://texbluebonnet.com
Old 03-18-2007, 09:29 AM   #18

Trailer: 1978 UNIK
Registry
I would like to help Rachel Funderburk with BP checks. Would you please put me in touch with her so I can coordinate with her if she needs help. Thanks for all your efforts. Great job! Terry Sergison

Quote:
An update email was sent to everyone registered for the event. In case you didn't get it, Click Here.

Santa Fe, NM
Old 03-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #19

We're currently at the maximum number of trailers the park said they can handle. Registrations after this time will be approved for a space in the park (Skyline Ranch) in the event we receive any cancellations.

I don't want to discourage anyone that wants to attend the event. There will be some dry camping available at the park and there are several nearby parks available to handle any overflow.

If you've already registered for the event and find you need to cancel, please let me know so we can accomodate everyone that wants to attend.

We look forward to seeing everyone in Bandera.

Brad
Old 03-24-2007, 01:05 PM   #20

We've had 2 cancellation which have opened 2 spaces in the park. If you're interested in attending the Bluebonnet, please register ASAP.

Brad

Tags
casita